Benefit News

ErikaPNP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There isn't much really to report this quarter. DWP news (or blues!)

• The "benefits advisor" service on directgov has been enhanced to allow claimants to enter their details to receive a benefits estimate. Much in the same manner that "entitled to" aims for. From a personal point of view, I'd consider using both calculators to see how the estimates compare!

• Commencing in the new year is a new process which will eliminate the need for people in receipt of working age benefits to claim their State Pension. The Pensions Service will simply process State Pension entitlement using information they already hold on people who are receiving benefit. However, as with all new implementations, I would still encourage people to check their entitlement - it's far from infallible, and there will no doubt be some issues in the beginning.

• Winter Fuel Payments. Just a reminder to Caggers aged 60 or over who have not had a Winter Fuel Payment before to apply for one. You need to apply before 30 March 2010. Call 0845 915 15 15 for a claim form. Those who have received a Winter Fuel Payment before should receive one automatically, and don't need to apply.

• More Help for carers. Each JCP district should by now have a new Care Partnership Manager who is there to support carers who wish to re-enter work.

Full articles on the above and other issues here

Regards

Erika

• Haha 1

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• 1 month later...

Starting Monday 18th January, calls to 0800 numbers for DWP customers will be free from some mobiles. This is to enable people to make a claim to benefit without it costing them. Calls are already free from landlines but there has been recognition that a minority of households only have access to PAYG mobiles. Six mobile phone companies have signed agreements with DWP in order to provide the new service. Mobile telephone providers changing from the 18th January to the free service will include:

And from 25th January they will also be free from T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile.

General enquiry numbers beginning with 0845 will remain as they are.

More here

This is specifically for the purpose of claiming benefits. All other outbound calls beginning 0800 which are not to DWP numbers will still be charged at your service provider's rate.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

They are seeking to enter into agreements with as many mobile providers as they can. Unfortunately, not all the mobile phone providers are willing to enter into these agreements. I don't know about Skype, but if they weren't free to call 0800 before, they won't be free now, as the campaign is solely directed towards mobiles.

Hi everyone,

This is truely a great initiative and I thought I'd take the time to pop on to the thread to offer the help of the Web Relations Team to any Vodafone customer in the event they feel that they may've been billed in error when contacting the DWP from their mobile.

To find out how to get in touch with us just head over to our pinned thread: Vodafone Webteam-for Customers With Problems and follow the instructions.

Many thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Starting Monday 18th January, calls to 0800 numbers for DWP customers will be free from some mobiles. This is to enable people to make a claim to benefit without it costing them. Calls are already free from landlines but there has been recognition that a minority of households only have access to PAYG mobiles. Six mobile phone companies have signed agreements with DWP in order to provide the new service. Mobile telephone providers changing from the 18th January to the free service will include:

And from 25th January they will also be free from T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile.

General enquiry numbers beginning with 0845 will remain as they are.

More here

This is specifically for the purpose of claiming benefits. All other outbound calls beginning 0800 which are not to DWP numbers will still be charged at your service provider's rate.

Thanks for this information, i will certanlly be passing this on to my friend, he has recently had to use a payphone to make contact with the DWP, this was during the recent cold snap and for a considerable amount of time.

The retailers worst nightmare !

I am sure it would have been a lot easier if a normal landline number was supplied along with the 0800 number as many mobiles have that as part of a package, but I guess that would have been too simple considering that 0800 numbers piggy back on a normal number.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone... I`m looking for mobile users who have been charged as the trafic around this issue from welfare rights workers seems to be building, especially were a user is making a benefits claim and `vodafones` statement does`nt seem to be panning out true.

Hi terratech,

If our customers are being charged for calls to the DWP having dialled the 0800 numberS referred to in EricaPNP's post could you ask that they get in touch with the Web Relations Team by following the steps in our pinned thread from the Telecoms section which I linked to in January so we can take a look at these case to see what's happened?

Rest assured that if something is wrong we want to get in sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks