style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3626 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I hope someone can help because I'm finding it really difficult to get any clear advice on this.

I've posted before about having received a fine which I thought was paid and is now being chased by bailiffs. Today I rang the Magistrates Court and they gave me a number for the fixed penalty number payment line who allowed me to pay the original fine over the phone, which I did.

I've emailed the bailiffs to tell them that this is now paid and provided them with the reference number that the court gave me but what I want to know is will this now stop them harrassing me? The fine was £90 but they added £150 in their charges onto it. Now I've paid the fine to the courts, surely I don't have to pay the bailiffs fees, especially as £100 was for a visit I know they didn't make - it was the day of my parents wedding anniversary and we had loads of people round; I'd remember a bailiff calling in the middle of it.

Please help!!

I hope someone can help because I'm finding it really difficult to get any clear advice on this.

I've posted before about having received a fine which I thought was paid and is now being chased by bailiffs. Today I rang the Magistrates Court and they gave me a number for the fixed penalty number payment line who allowed me to pay the original fine over the phone, which I did.

I've emailed the bailiffs to tell them that this is now paid and provided them with the reference number that the court gave me but what I want to know is will this now stop them harrassing me? The fine was £90 but they added £150 in their charges onto it. Now I've paid the fine to the courts, surely I don't have to pay the bailiffs fees, especially as £100 was for a visit I know they didn't make - it was the day of my parents wedding anniversary and we had loads of people round; I'd remember a bailiff calling in the middle of it.

Please help!!

No you will find that the payment will have been refunded to you in a few days and also the bailiffs will be on your back even stronger.

I hate bailiffs. Let me know if you have had a problem with them. I am sure i could upset them.

I now have experience with Securitas Security Services (UK) Limited and won in court against them 01/2018

so lets make a mark what do you advise im in same boat but they have refinded the money via a cheque which i wont put in bank

I don't understand that - the whole point is to get the original fine paid; I've paid it so what am I supposed to do now, make an arrangement with the bailiffs to pay their fees?

so lets make a mark what do you advise im in same boat but they have refinded the money via a cheque which i wont put in bank

That wont make a ounce of differance. Its their contract with the bailiff companies.

I hate bailiffs. Let me know if you have had a problem with them. I am sure i could upset them.

I now have experience with Securitas Security Services (UK) Limited and won in court against them 01/2018

That wont make a ounce of differance. Its their contract with the bailiff companies.

Hi all

I'm not sure about FINES - but for Council tax the law is 100% clear (apparently) -- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY BAILIFF'S ANYTHING NOR LET THEM IN PROVIDED YOU HAVEN'T LET THEM IN ON A PRIOR VISIT.

With fines -- not sure -- you've paid - and it's been accepted so I'd be tempted to slug it out - but they *might* have the right to forced entry.

What the law here is - especially if the debt to whoever is seeking it has been repaid is not at all clear.

Presumably (and this is perhaps a word that should NEVER be used when dealing with the Law) the Bailiff's in this case can attempt to collect their fee -- but then surely this is just another "Civil" debt which would have to go through due process in Law.

I'm not sure Bailiff's can levy distress for their "Fees" if you have already satisfied the original creditor with their debt or made an accepted arrangement. The court allows the bailiff to levy distress for money owing to the court in the case of unpaid fines etc which you've paid.

I don't see how the Bailiff would be allowed to levy again for payment already made.

I should ask for legal advice here -- and keep the Bank statement / receipt just in case further legal action ensures.

I'm sure this is one of those "Grey areas" that are likely to be exploited ruthlessly by typical scumbags like Rossendales.

Cheers

jimbo

Edited by jimbo45