MBNA, account sold to Exerto Credite as sonn as I SAR !!

mikeandlisa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

morning Itc

I haven't heard from them but the 20% discount is interesting as MBNA were offering far bigger discounts than that before they passed the debts onto Experto.

I'll have a search around for CMC

best regards

S

=================================================================

remember

the Sun is always shining, it's just that you can't see it sometimes

Just thought I would let you know Experto have just offered me by letter a 20% discount if I pay in full now, if I dont my account gets passed to Credit Management Consultants CMC anyone heard of them.

Hiya,

just to let you know Exspurto will be passing it on to themselves check out their credit license.:D

I thought the name sounded familiar.

License Number:0618519

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberExperto Credite Limited6022748

Categories:

Consumer credit Debt administration Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Credit Management Consultants (CMC)

Experto

Express Delivery Services

How bizarre indeed then certainly seem to be stepping things up a notch. No doubt after hours of intensive meetings in their Millennium Falcon board room.

Pumpytums

Hi thanks for that.They have had a letter from my solicitor re.the dodgy DN and CCA so they are clutching at straws.

Would be interested to know the contents of that letter. Is it something you could PM.

Nice find Pumpy btw.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

hello again

when my post arrived today I have received the same offer of 20% or 15% discount. hmmm

regards

S

=================================================================

remember

the Sun is always shining, it's just that you can't see it sometimes

Hi all,

I had a missed call from Fairfax ( Solicitors ) on Friday. They are chasing me for Experto. They said they would settle for 20% off , I said i would settle for 20%.

Not at all worried about these people as I have the dodgy DN ( unlawful termination of a contract ).

Just waiting to see if they take me to court!

Anyone know when you have to show your hand , ie when will I have to declare that the first point of my defence is that they did not allow enough time twixt default notice and selling the debt.

Would you have to declare this in your defence ?

The CCA's they have provided are not very good either , one is rubbish , the other is a cut and shut , but it may be hard to prove.

So you all may get calls from Fairfax.

Incidentally I got a letter from Experto saying after taking legal advice they have changed the account number back to the original MBNA number.

It seems they think they can get some money out of me, lol..........

Experto seem to be just the same as all the other DCA's.

Debts settled £135K

discount so far £68K :)

Hi All

Maybe I am the first to get a notice before action from Fairfax on behalf of Experto.

Take a look at my thread Re: MBNA CCA is it enforceable ?

I need advice as to what to do next , or guidance as to what are my options.

Thanks

Ron

Debts settled £135K

Just thought I would let you know Experto have just offered me by letter a 20% discount if I pay in full now, if I dont my account gets passed to Credit Management Consultants CMC anyone heard of them.

I have had a letter from CMC regarding an MBNA account that was sold to EC, They are offering me as a final option, an instalment plan to make a monthly payment of £12 with no further interest being added.

Bearing in mind the alleged balance is a five figure sum this sounds really fishy? Do they have a trick up their sleeve once I start paying the £12?

Furthermore the "Direct Debit" form is just a cut off slip at the bottom of the letter. I thought the rules regarding Direct Debit forms were more strict.

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

I have had a letter from CMC regarding an MBNA account that was sold to EC, They are offering me as a final option, an instalment plan to make a monthly payment of £12 with no further interest being added.

Bearing in mind the alleged balance is a five figure sum this sounds really fishy? Do they have a trick up their sleeve once I start paying the £12?

Furthermore the "Direct Debit" form is just a cut off slip at the bottom of the letter. I thought the rules regarding Direct Debit forms were more strict.

The only thing up their sleve will be once you agree to it, you have acknowledged the debt.

The only thing up their sleve will be once you agree to it, you have acknowledged the debt.

I agree with Vint , they are probably just trying to get you to acknowledge the debt. Tread carefully.

Ron

Debts settled £135K

Hi they are passing it to themselves its same company.

Isnt that so obvious! DO they honestly think that people dont suss that EC is CMC. I can tell that before I even open the letter, Do they think people are that stupid? well , I guess unfortunately some people are.

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

• 3 weeks later...

Experto have called my mobile several times - for my other half!

Halifax Card (OH) -2.9% reinstated - Sucess!

Santander/House of Fraser (1) PPI Refund plus 8% plus LOC

Santander/House of Fraser (2) PPI Refunded plus 8% plus LOC

Penalty Charge Notice - Representation accepted and PN cancelled - £120

Good morning all.

Well, for those awaiting the next stage of the MBNA/EC/Varde fiasco it appears that they have at last shown their hand ;)

Looks like they are going for Stat Demand followed by bankruptcy.

Have a read of this>>>> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188908-mbna-now-experto-credite.html

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

btw. Pumpytums has put up some cracking information on that thread regarding Stat Demands. Well worth a thorough read.

M

Ok the following is the honest truth and I'm not making this up.

A few months ago I found a letter in the house my partner had written Clown Party on the outside something to do with a children's party and a date, guess who the letter was from old Exspurto. How did she know? draw your own conclusions.

I just hope I never have to use said envelope as evidence, could prove interesting and highly amusing.

Pumpytums

Good morning all.

Well, for those awaiting the next stage of the MBNA/EC/Varde fiasco it appears that they have at last shown their hand ;)

Looks like they are going for Stat Demand followed by bankruptcy.

Have a read of this>>>> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188908-mbna-now-experto-credite.html

M

It would seem their tactic of offering a £12 a month payment was just to get people to acknowledge debt, so that they can go down the Statutory Demand route...

The fact they are resorting to this just shows they know how weak their case is and dont want to pay out to submit a Court Claim.

It would seem their tactic of offering a £12 a month payment was just to get people to acknowledge debt, so that they can go down the Statutory Demand route...

The fact they are resorting to this just shows they know how weak their case is and dont want to pay out to submit a Court Claim.

I believe that to be the case GA. Once we beat the SD route once then we'll have them licked as all of these accounts have been sold off incorrectly it appears :)

M

I believe that to be the case GA. Once we beat the SD route once then we'll have them licked as all of these accounts have been sold off incorrectly it appears :)

M

I know mine has umpteen errors that makes it unenforceable, and as they seem to do everything in bulk I dont doubt that everyone else is in the same boat hence their desperation tactics.

I know mine has umpteen errors that makes it unenforceable, and as they seem to do everything in bulk I dont doubt that everyone else is in the same boat hence their desperation tactics.

And it's their desperation that drives them on! For one of us on Cag that calls their bluff there may be a hundred, or even a thousand that have never heard of Cag that are now making deals to avoid the SD :mad:

M

• 5 months later...

Default notices can be issued on a regular basis and it does not have to be the case that the consumer has received it for it to be valid. i.e if you have moved to another property and mail is not forwarded on, the creditor only has to confirm that the default notice was issued, not necessarily received by you, but simply that it was issued.

You are incorrect here. If you were correct, than creditor would be able "simply issue" DN adressed to Santa Claus, North Pole and be done with it and everything would be hanky dory for them.

However, in the real world, in the same place where there is a requirement for 14 clear days to be given on DN and the prescribed text is specified there is also a requirement for DN to be properly addressed. If the debtor has informed the creditor about the change of address and creditor nevertheless persists in sending DN to the old adress it would not only make such DN invalid but also surely would be some kind of violation of Data Protection act.

Makes it rather important to inform creditors about the change of address though, is it not? Preferably by a registered post.

I personally have a case where a well known creditor who generally keeps CCAs and DN's up to scrutch, after being informed about change of address by me, have sent me a letter acknowleging the new address and than sent me othervise perfectly valid DN to the old address. A little mistake which will cost them north of 10k.

I must confess that I have timed the move to new home and defaulting to occur at about the same time. But it was rather long shot.

For creditor, another hidden cost of ditching UK programmers and hiring lots of monkeys from Asia to their IT stuff, I guess.

--------------------------------------------------

Yorkshire Bank ~1200£ of charges reclaimed many moons ago, settled out of court

HSBC ~350£ of charges reclaimed many moons ago, settled out of court

HSBC ~4000£ flexiloan CCA request sent May 2009, 'sorry, we do not have your CCA' letter received June 2009, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC ~9000£ CC CCA request sent May 2009, no response, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC - preliminary letter for about 300£ of unfair charges plus interest sent May 2009, LBA sent June 2009, N1 POC and Schedule of charges submitted July 2009

Egg - CCA, SAR, "no more calls" letter, DMP offer sent July 2009. Got a DN from Egg - wont say a word on this one until court papers are received.