jan2002

Feel stitched up by the halifax

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I feel so stitched up by the Halifax !!

25th November I made an arrangement with then to tackle my overdraft, which was over the agreed limit.

The arrangement was

1. they increased my o/d limit to 1.450k stopping further charges

2. set up a standing order of £12.50 a week from my cardcash account to my current account so lowering my o/d by a total of £50 a month.The weekly payments have been made as agreed.

3. I can continue using the account as normal so long as I made sure funds were there to cover spending, which I have done.

I received confirmation that the £12.50 a week had been accepted, but nothing else was mentioned in the letter.

..then...

I received a letter stating that I have broken my agreement with them so its now cancelled !!

Rang them today and they have said that as I haven't paid £35 a month and have used the account they have cancelled the agreement !!!!!!!! After much discussion the guy said he has frozen my account ...called in my o/d, and there would be a £5 a day charge, he would however re-instate my payment plan of £12.50 and waive the charge for a few months.

Problem is where do I go from here ?? I KNOW what I agreed to do and have done it, Any suggestions would be really appreciated, I am at my wits end with this, and feel like I have been manipulated into being even more over my limit with not much hope of being to clear the account, especially when they start the £5 a day charge.

Jan

Jan make a written complaint and ask them to listen to the call since they would have a log of the call. Furthermore, ask them to reinstate the payment plan and refund any monies taken since the error was made by them not you. Keep everything in a chronological order. When they reply post up and we will see where we go from there.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thanks yourbank...will do