InformedSearcher

Went over Inclusive Minutes - Orange

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just maybe a bit tounge in cheek/wishful post here but maybe someone might suggest somesthing?

Okay, had a contract with Orange since 1996. Okay, I know it does not matter be it 1 hour or 10 years as you are treated the same. Thought I'd just check my latest bill to be DD'ed in 2 weeks and almost fainted.

I have a contract that allows 500 minutes anynetwork a month. I have in the last 2 years used maybe 200 minutes a months and the very occasional 400. Of course these days unused minutes no longer get carried over. So seeing as I went 235 minutes over my allowance I was stunned to see around £80 added to my bill. I found these minutes are charged at 35p pm. This was a pure (and it seems a scary) error on my part!

I called their customer services and they said there was no way this could be reduced. I sent an email to the call of 'we do not deal with this type of question by e-mail' and kindly put me through to a man who basically confirmed what was previously said. I have to say that both customer service people I spoke to were very pleasant and friendly but could not do anything.

So am I doomed with this (I really cannot afford) extra on my bill or is there a slim possibility of negotiation? Any help would be welcome.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

Negotiation under what extenuating circumstances? Is there an point in which there was an issue caused by Orange which caused you to use all these extra minutes?

If not, then i can't think of any reason why they would even entertain the idea of reducing the bill, and why should they? You are on a tariff which gives you a set amount of minutes per month, with a set charge per minute once your allowance has exceeded this. Also, with numerous methods of being able to check how many minutes you have left, there is very little (well, actually none) room to contest the bill.

Sorry i cannot offer any positive advice for you, but probably best to put this down to a learning experience and try to pay what you can. If you have problems paying the amount, it might be prudent to speak to their collections team to see how much lee-way they can give you in terms of time to pay.

As for you impending direct debit, if you are not going to be able to cover the full amount which is due to come out by direct debit, you need to cancel it with both Orange AND your bank, NOW!!! ('cos if you don't and there is not enough funds to cover the direct debit, then your bank will reward you with a loads of fees charged!).

I guess you are right - just never let it happen again.

Regarding negotiation, I was thinking 13 years as a customer, paying always on time and ahem that in the last 3 years I lost out on over 9000 free minutes! Apart from that nothing. LOL

Thanks anyhow

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

The main arm-twisting time for customers is "upgrade" or out of minimum term times. Is this the case for yourself?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Well I am I suppose lucky because I have a 12 month contract. You know, new phone each year! :D In fact last year they gave me 2 new phones! The year ends in february but as I accepted a new phone early it means 15 months to the end of the contract. Sadly 'arm twisting' no longer seems to work and to them I'm a drop in the ocean.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Like us Orange do offer online billing to their pay monthly customers which does allow you to monitor your inclusive allowances more closely and should help to prevent you from having such an unwelcome surprise again.

While I'm not entirely sure whether Orange offer anything similar we also enable our pay monthly customers to check their unbilled usage by dialling 44555 from the mobiles and they can choose one of two options of either having their unbilled usage balance or their remaining allowance sent back to them in the form of a text message.

Although a reduction in the bill is unlikely it maybe worthwhile - as jacktheband has suggested - speaking to their collections team to see if you can pay half this month with the remainder being paid next month along with your next bill.

Bear in mind that this arrangement won't be possible via DD so it'll probably be best to cancel this temporarily and pay manually by Credit/Debit Card until your account is up to date again.

All the best.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK