Tax Credit Identity System Shambles!!

sallybear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sitting here in shock, sorry to sound a bit dramatic, but I have just telephoned HM Revenue & Customs Tax Credits helpline and they took my name and National Insurance number as usual but then said they had to ask me a set of questions to prove I was who I said I was. This service would be provided by EXPERIAN!! And the questions may have nothing to do with Tax Credits. Well i was on the phone for 10 minutes, and then FAILED!!

They now say I will be contacted by my local HM Rev & Customs office within 48 hours to attend an interview to ascertain my identity!!:eek:

I suggested that perhaps the new system was not working properly as I am ME and no one else and answered the given questions and would like to speak to someone else. I was told if there is time at some point today a supervisor will call me back but in order for them to access the system I have to pass this test!! So even if I do get to speak to someone they cant access me on the system.

I wouldnt mind but I have a case being fast tracked by my lone parent advisor at the Job Centre and they just wanted my Child Benefit number (again) and I was just ringing to give it to them.

What is wrong with this system if I cant even prove I am myself.

Has anyone else had this same problem?? I am not waiting for 48 hours to be contacted I am going down there now to prove I am myself and get this sorted, fast track my a&*e

rant over, thanks for reading

ps, whole point of actually posting is to see if this has happened to anyone else and should i make a complaint and who to etc?

Surely they cant use a system that doesnt work

Edited by sallybear

Thanks Wino, Im going to sort it tomorrow but Im so angry, I really hope this isnt happening to other people also

At a guess I would say it is. Hope your visit to them today will be more sucessful:)

I had to leap similar hurdles today..... I passed thankfully.

I only wanted to tell them that my wages had gone up a bit.... but as we get basic element only it makes no odds anyway!

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.