sallybear

Tax Credit Identity System Shambles!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3623 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am sitting here in shock, sorry to sound a bit dramatic, but I have just telephoned HM Revenue & Customs Tax Credits helpline and they took my name and National Insurance number as usual but then said they had to ask me a set of questions to prove I was who I said I was. This service would be provided by EXPERIAN!! And the questions may have nothing to do with Tax Credits. Well i was on the phone for 10 minutes, and then FAILED!!

They now say I will be contacted by my local HM Rev & Customs office within 48 hours to attend an interview to ascertain my identity!!:eek:

I suggested that perhaps the new system was not working properly as I am ME and no one else and answered the given questions and would like to speak to someone else. I was told if there is time at some point today a supervisor will call me back but in order for them to access the system I have to pass this test!! So even if I do get to speak to someone they cant access me on the system.

I wouldnt mind but I have a case being fast tracked by my lone parent advisor at the Job Centre and they just wanted my Child Benefit number (again) and I was just ringing to give it to them.

What is wrong with this system if I cant even prove I am myself.

Has anyone else had this same problem?? I am not waiting for 48 hours to be contacted I am going down there now to prove I am myself and get this sorted, fast track my a&*e

rant over, thanks for reading

ps, whole point of actually posting is to see if this has happened to anyone else and should i make a complaint and who to etc?

Surely they cant use a system that doesnt work

Edited by sallybear

Guest wino

[quote=sallybear;2635228.

fast track my a&*e

Sorry sallybear but I couldn't stop laughing when I got to that bit:D

Thanks Wino, Im going to sort it tomorrow but Im so angry, I really hope this isnt happening to other people also

Guest wino
Thanks Wino, Im going to sort it tomorrow but Im so angry, I really hope this isnt happening to other people also

At a guess I would say it is. Hope your visit to them today will be more sucessful:)

I had to leap similar hurdles today..... I passed thankfully.

I only wanted to tell them that my wages had gone up a bit.... but as we get basic element only it makes no odds anyway!

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.