Oscar&Emmie

Head in Sand Syndrome...Please help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3658 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I am posting this as I am hoping to get some help and advice on our debts. I have already posted in the Council tax and bailiffs section as they are on our backs also. I thought I had found the solution on Monday, I applied for a loan and realised how stupid I was at lunchtime today, when they said NO! and I had given them my last fifty pound!

I shall try and explain briefly but really we got ourselves into this mess and need to get out of it..... I have no money for Christmas, I have not bought one present for my children yet and can't see a way of being able to do so.

My debts are £2000 to our landlady, our rent is £600 a month, it is due again on 1st January. £2500 Council Tax, Bailffs have levied and threatening to take goods, £1000 mobile bill, they have added the rest of the contract on to it to get that figure as i have defaulted on the contract. Approx 1200 Gas and Electricity to N Power, £1600 Anglian Water. I also got a loan off my Dad last year and he ahs been letting me pay back monthly at £180.00....I have not paid him for two months. Numerous other small ones, like vets bill for 250, ebay £130.00, Provident have arranged a smaller repayment with us, between myself and my partner we owe them approx £2500. They are now letting us payback without interest at the moment but the arrangement will take about 4 years to pay off.

My husband is self employed and had time off in the summer due to illness and an operation, so no money coming in. I am a student nurse, with six months until I qualify, until then I get £600.00 monthly bursary from the NHS. My husband brings in about £175.00 - £200.00 per week and we get family credit too of £132.00 weekly. It sounds like a lot, we dont go out, we never buy anything except food, petrol etc.....all essential stuff. But we never seem able to make the payments on everything and so are getting further and further behind. We have 3 children between 16 - 18 all at college, so have to find bus fares etc, they do get EMa though and help out when they can.

I just cant see a way out of this, its not like we have numerous credit cards and I know it is our fault. We have been like this for years now, barely keeping our heads above water and getting bailed out when it gets too much. I am dreading Christmas and cant sleep at night. Please can someone point me in the right direction .......:(

Many thanks for taking the time to read this

Bump

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi Oscar&Emmie,

Whilst my problems are much different to yours, have you thought about approaching the Citizens Advice Bureau?

They would certainly be able to help and point you in the right direction, I would have thought.

I am sure others will come along with further ideas for you, but guess a lot are very busy at this time of the year.

Keep your chin up though, I know it's not always that easy!

your priority is council tax then rent and utility bills

the rest can go away.

just because some bod comes to the door he has no rights at all.

you need to write to all those that as not as above offering £1 £5 £10PCM or whatever you can afford, and then pay it.

your bailiff thread will inform you the best way fwd there, but safe to say, if you can pay something on a regular basis then stuff the bailiff, pay the council direct by internet banking.

it s

your money

you CONTROL it.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets