First Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been paying a fixed amount to these for the last year, and have recently recieved a letter from them saying they wish to review my situation and for me to phone them. The letter also says that due to recent information from a credit reference agency they think my situation has changed, even though it has not.

I sent back a reply via email:

To Whom It May In response to the letter I have just received saying you wish to carry out a review, I can confirm to you that my situation is still the same as that of my previous correspondence with you. I am currently on a short working week (1/5th less hours = 1/5 less wages) and where possible have adjusted my payments to the relevant people to suit my income. Therefore I do not have any extra available income which would allow me to pay you any extra.

The letter asks me to phone you but again as previously stated by myself in previous correspondence, I will only contact you by letter or emails such as this.

Your quote in your letter that my credit file suggests that my situation has improved also concerns me. I have not given anyone permission to view this file as under data protection this file is private and can only be used to give a credit rating on me for the ability to obtain credit, and this is something which in my current position would not be a wise move to make. I will be writing to the credit reference agencies to air my concerns on this and for their comments.

I hope this clarifies my situation.

Regards

I have now recieved yet another reply as follows:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank for your email dated 8th December 2009.

The reason why you are receving such correspondance is due to the fact any change(s) in your credit file held with the UK Credit Reference agencies are reported to 1St Credit as one of your creditors. These changes could be positive or negative i.e. You have cleared a utility bill or your mortgage has gone into arrears.

Along with the offer letters we have a responsibility to all parties to see if any of the changes will therefore mean you can clear the balance we hold. Please don’t forget that you are not being charged any interest or charges by 1st Credit. Should litigation be necessary in the future, then that may change and interest is applied.

I hope this answers your questions.

Kind Regards,

Michael Gill,

Now my question is. Is this guy telling the truth, that they can see my credit file, and also the bit about the possibility of them charging me. I didnt think they could do this also.

Please anyone, advise me.

P.S. I have also just sent of a request for CCA from they as I am thinking it might be worth asking for this.

Edited by StAndy1970
not happy with text

• 1 month later...

I cca'd first credit back on the 12th December and am still waiting. I emailed them 10 days ago and was told that they had requested this info from Barclaycard.

My next question is. I have a direct debit with them which a payment would normally leave my account on the 28th of each month. Now as this is now getting closer and i have still not had my request fulfilled, should i cancel this direct debit? How much longer should I wait for the cca request to be fulfilled?

I cca'd first credit back on the 12th December and am still waiting. I emailed them 10 days ago and was told that they had requested this info from Barclaycard.

My next question is. I have a direct debit with them which a payment would normally leave my account on the 28th of each month. Now as this is now getting closer and i have still not had my request fulfilled, should i cancel this direct debit? How much longer should I wait for the cca request to be fulfilled?

its up to you if you dont want to pay, if not then cancel the DD and be prepared for an onslaught of phone calls etc...

you dont need to remind them of their duties either, if they dont provide a relevant cca then just do nothing and certaintly

dont speak to them on the phone. everything in writing from now on;)

just keep posting and people will help you

regards

hunterandthehunted

When I said i communicate via email, its a hotmail address. Would never give out my main email address to them. As regards phone calls, they dont even have that. When they have requested that, I just give them a number i used about 5 years ago. You are right. Everything by letter.

What is the actual timescale for them to reply to a cca request? Is there a limit?

• 2 months later...

Many weeks have now passed since my last letter from them, and my reply that this account was in dispute as they had failed to provide me with my request for a CCA.

Any suggestions as to what I should do next if anything? and to what you think might have happened at their end as I have heard nothing.