jetli

i group ppi (Ge money)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3622 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi sorry new here and hope you can advise! This will be one of many debts I want to discuss but Mortgages come first! I took out a PPI when we took our mortgage out in 2005 with GE Money. I was told it would cover my Husband even though he is self-employed. Because we are in so much arrears I looked at the conditions and it seems that he is only covered if he is made bankrupt or has ceased trading completly!

They have been adding this on since 2005 which then gets added to the arrears!

Also the current charges they have made to our account (not including arrears) are for around £2,500. The monthly payment for PPI is £104.00.

Really confused as to what I can do but we do have a suspended repossesion order on our home of 17 years and if I could drag something back it would help.

PLEASE HELP

so sorry to hear of your situation :(

sadly my limited experience of PPI lies with loans/credit credits, so can offer nothing about mortgage, sorry. If you believe you have been sold a product that is not suitable for you there may be a case of miss selling. Sorry I can't be of more help.

However there are some fab people on here, so I'm sure someone will be along soon.

Birch :)

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

ok, it seems like this is covered by the FOS.

So first of all you need to complain to the firm who sold you the insurance. Tell them they have sold you an unsuitable product and you wish them to investigate fully. Chances are they will come back with a standard "bog off" letter but this is normal so don't worry.

Secondly, cancel the PPI. If is costing that much a month is would be better to either use that amount every month to clear off your arrears, and seek advice on buying a PPI product that WILL cover you. You do not have to buy from you mortgage lender, you are free to purchase from anywhere.

Once you have your final response (the bog off letter) you can go to the FOS with your complaint and they will investigate for you. Below is the link to their info page on PPI

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/factsheets/payment-protection-insurance.pdf

sorry I can't offer more help, but this will do for starters

good luck!

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Thank you for all your help will try your advice.

Have posted another new one on PPI

:D:D:D

you are very welcome :)

Had this on my email what does this mean - from this group- confused

Dear jetli,

ryde has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Spml/london Mortgage Company - in the Mortgages and Secured Loans forum of The Consumer Forums.

This thread is located at:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/170607-spml-london-mortgage-company-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

SCED

Just been looking at your post sometime back re companies house accounts etc and the pml/spml issues you raised with them.For the unenlightened what exactly is the statutory obligation to file accounts and returns?aren't they almost the same?

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

By the way, our "Give Up Smoking" forum has moved to www.consumerhealthforums.com

You can visit the Consumer Health Forums to discuss smoking or any other health or relationship issues which concern you.

Do you use eBay auctions?

Visit www.ConsumerSniper.com to read about our new sniping service and how you can win more eBay auctions more cheaply

All the best,

The Consumer Forums

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&type=thread&subscriptionid=855996&auth=606bcab6b4bd80385e21653c4959781a

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

it's an automated response from this site, when someone posts a reply on one of your threads, it's just to let you know you have a new reply :)