summer30

payment plans - considering dropping it.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3626 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have some debts tied up in a CCCS payment plan they have been for 4 years.

In that time I have almost paid off one debt of £300 odd and no where near the others. One debt is a huge £17k

my income hasnt really altered and they kept hounding meto have an interview which I didnt do and consequently still pay the same amount pcm. the other month it went through late and I got a snotty email saying that creditors might come knocking or cancel the agreement as they will have to do one payment late.

This is far from the niceness I encountered all those years ago and how helpful and supportive they were

I know they arent mentioned much on here and not recommended. not sure why? But I guess a part of me is nevous of going it alone although I do deal with all my OHs debts and have learnt so much from here Im sure I could, I think its the real biggy loan thats worrying me, but I could be paying more of that if I arranged payments myself I guess.

Hope that makes sense as a post and not a ramble :lol:

CCCS are most interested in the repayment of the debts, all else is of a secondary nature, that's why they are not highly regarded. they put the interests of the creditors first. It is also affirmed that manyu of the financial institutions have interests in the CCCS to make sure they don't let you get away with anything

There is nothing to stop you cancelling your agreement with CCCS and doing it yourself. Many people just like you have done this, but be aware that these DCA's will not simply stop behaving like arses.

The DCAs will continue to harrass you and try to get you to pay more than you can afford. However, only you and a judge can decide how much you can afford to pay, these "people" should have no input on the decision at all.

It is not a choice you should make on a whim, but however you decide to move forward, keep us informed and will try to help wherever we can

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves