mightyflames2

letter from letting agent about parking

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all just need some advice on a letter i got from my letting agent today and a problem that has been going on now for some time ..i live in a bungalow on a small estate with very few parking spaces it can be very hard to park most days because some people from other areas of the town park in our road if they have no where to park in there own street ..so i park on the paving slabs right outside my house within the boundary line and not on the public footpath..so as not to obstruct access to the pavement for the elderly..the letting agent says i am not to do this anymore and if i continue notice will be served ..they say there is an ongoing issue with the bitumastic pipes being compressed and causing blockages which are causeing distress to the neighbouring residents ...and that dyno rod have had to be called out to the area 3 times in the last 2 weeks ..i have been at home for the last month and never seen dyno rod anywhere near this area but the letting agent says they have invoices ..if this was the case then the pipes would also compress under my property thus causing the same problem ..no blockages here though...its down to the fact that one resident in the area does not like me parking there and has reported me to the letting agent..what do i do about this and can they legally evict me over this ??:confused:

I thought public footpaths were the property of the council and not any one person?

its not even a public foot path its on a slabbed area outside the house within the boundary line so its part of the house

bitumastic pipes being compressed and causing blockages which are causeing distress to the neighbouring residents

Take advice from elsewhere too, but I remember there's an estate near where I currently live that may have had a similar problem; built sometime in the 60's, my solicitor warned me of it, was enough to put me off buying a home there.

...and that dyno rod have had to be called out to the area 3 times in the last 2 weeks ..i have been at home for the last month and never seen dyno rod anywhere near this area but the letting agent says they have invoices

The Agent may be laying it on a bit thick, but seems a bit odd/unprofessional if they are. Unless you're a curtain twitcher (no offence intended!) Dynorod could well have been in when you've been around, so ask around a bit, if needs be.

..if this was the case then the pipes would also compress under my property thus causing the same problem ..no blockages here though..

You could be the lucky one in the run and it's your neighbours that get the problem instead. Again, ask around, if needs be.

.its down to the fact that one resident in the area does not like me parking there and has reported me to the letting agent..what do i do about this and can they legally evict me over this ??:confused:

Yes, possibly, to the first, as to the second, get some facts. Evict? Not really, but make things difficult at the end of the term/renewal, yes, even serve notice.

Get the facts as to what's going on, where you can, and also get the Agent on side too if you can. If it's a problem neighbour then they're a problem for the Agent too :D so suggest getting friendly(ish) with the Agent to find out more.

Good luck.

As for me, happy to help out. I am not a Landlord, but I have been in the past. I am not an Agent, but I have been in the past. I am, therefore, a has been, so always seek independent and suitably qualified advice elsewhere before relying upon whatever has been posted here :-)