British Gas Homecare - Awful service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know of an alternative to British Gas Homecare?

Here's why I ask:

We had a boiler problem and 2 days later the 'man' came and fixed the problem by spraying some WD40 in the fan cowling. Took 3 minutes to do this but he didn't put the cupboard back together once finished, that he'd taken apart.

4 days later same problem. Same man, same cupboard scenario. Same spray of WD40 but booked to come in with a new part and fix it 4 days later (a wednesday)

After taking the day off work to accomodate them coming out I rang to confirm my booking with them and that the engineer was due to come out.

They confirmed that was the case.

At the end of the time slot for the engineer and after hearing nothing from them I rang again.

The customer service agent told me they would call engineering and call me back. He did and told me that the engineer had been delayed and someone would contact me soon to tell me when they would arrive.

I received a call from a really stupid sounding lady who said that the part wasn't in so they wouldn't be coming. They would have it for tomorrow. As I started to say that was really atrocious behaviour on their part she told me that the part was arriving tomorrow.

I said that there was no need for her to repeat herself and that I understood that the part was available tomorrow. I asked her if that meant that she would recompense me for my lost work and she started to tell me to call a customer service department. I asked if she thought that would get me anywhere or if honestly I would just be passed from pillar to post for 30 mins all to no avail.

The way you get treated by these companies is despicable. They are now coming some time on a Saturday and that will mean we have been without hot water and heating for 9 days - what fantastic customer service!!!

My advice - pay for someone to come and fix your stuff when you need it. I'm certainly cancelling our contract.

I just can't believe how bad they are - especially considering their current advertising campaigns - 'we understand your home is your world'

What a load of tosh!

It's the usual frustration of it's a big company, the people on the end of the phone don't care as they're just customer service in a call centre and can't really do anything about a problem. I run phone based people as a General Manager for a company and if my staff were so uncaring on the phone I would fire them.

It seems that they don't actually have any training!