barrwad909

constructive dismissal??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3624 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all some advice would be greatly appreciated.......

i work as a department manager for a large company.

i have a very limited wage budget and have further restrictions placed upon me monthly.

so far this year i have accrued over 240 lieu hours and have 3 weeks worth of holiday time to take before the end of year, i will be unable to take either of these.

the reason for accruing all of this is that i have no budget to employ a deputy of any sort and have to produce a number of weekly reports that only i am able to produce.

i have previously been warned of disciplinary action for not producing these reports on time and in full.

i have asked that i carry over the holiday time and i will forget about the lieu time into next year, this has been refused.

there is still no budget for a deputy next year so this situation will not improve.

i am supposed to have weekly one to one meetings with my general manager to discuss problems,

these have happened twice in the past six months with one of these being carried out in an open office so not able to discuss any real issues.

i have made myself available these meetings but my manager consistently cancels.

i am the only manager that is unable to take holiday and lieu time as i am expected to be operational in my department when other managers have staff that allows them to oversee rather than work in their departments.

as well as this another manager that fails to produce reports is allowed to ' get away with it ' and not submit reports without any recrimination.

i consistently work over 48 hours a week although i am contracted to 40hours.

i get little or no support from my line manager or HO although i a always receive e-mails telling me i am over budget without any support to keep within budget even though i have told both HO and my line manager why i cannot keep within these budgets and asked for assistance as it would mean redundancies within my department and i do not know how to proceed with this.

this will not change going into next year as my department relies on others to function ( these departments are missing their targets massively ) and although this is acknowledged there is no let up in the disapproval at not hitting my targets.

i have also been told that if i do leave i will not be paid for any lieu hours or outstanding holiday pay as my notice period would go past 1st january therefore my holiday entitlement for this year would have lapsed.

any advice on any of this would be appreciated

thankyou

Submit your holiday form and have the next month off - they would then have to find a way to cover your absence

You are entitled to your holiday and if they have a use it or lose it policy they cannot then say you can't take it due to operational requirements

what would happen at the end of next year if you could carry it over? You would have 500 odd owes lieu and 2 years holiday entitlement!!

Have you submitted any holiday requests this year that have been refused?

i have also been told that if i do leave i will not be paid for any lieu hours or outstanding holiday pay as my notice period would go past 1st january therefore my holiday entitlement for this year would have lapsed.

If you resign before 1st January, this is incorrect.

thanks for the replies, i haven't had any refused.........yet

i'll wait and see what they say when the form goes in

thanks again