Rudnig

Link Financial - no contact

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3588 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a bit of a problem with Link Financial. GE Money apparently sold my debt to Link Financial who then, without reference to me or allowing me to discuss and arrange a payment plan, took the claim to Nottingham CC (I live in Somerset) and obtained judgement, without me receiving notice of the claim, nor being able to defend the claim (as I had no idea that the claim was being made) or me being able to discuss payment terms. I applied to Notts CC for the judgement to be set aside due to the lack of paperwork received, but Link have gone ahead and applied for a charge against my property through their Cardiff office as the claim has now been transferred there. When telephoning to discuss the situation, there is no answer from their Cardiff office - only an answer machine that has no memory left - presumably because so many people have left messages regarding their actions. I have emailed them twice on mail@linkfinancial.eu and have requested acknowledgement of the emails, but have received no response. Can anyone advise as to what I should do next? I really need to get this sorted asap.

When was the CCJ entered? Was the creditor advised of the fact that you had moved?

I have not moved. I have been at the same address all the time.

I have not moved. I have been at the same address all the time.

Sorry, I apologise!

Did you not get the claim form? if so then I think you'll have a decent chance at set aside, this would then allow the charge to be discharged.

What are your grounds for the set aside?

I have applied on the grounds that :

I have not received any of the documentation normally associated with a claim.

I did not know a claim had been lodged with the courts.

I have not had the opportunity of defending the claim.

I have not had the opportunity to discuss payment plans with anyone.

The court are going to want a reason as to why you feel you don't owe the money. If you get this set aside and cannot defend the claim you could incurr further costs.

I was advised that this was the route to take asI had not had the claim forms and I had not been able to respond accordingly. I don't deny owing the money.

I was advised that this was the route to take asI had not had the claim forms and I had not been able to respond accordingly. I don't deny owing the money.

A set aside is usually used to allow you to file a defence. Having said that if you can get the charging order removed you may be able to obtain an instalment order on the CCJ which would then prevent the creditor's ease of being able to get a CO again.

And now I have a letter form Link stating that as they have not had post returned to them they consider my having received correspondence. Also they have enclosed what they decribe as a DoA but it is on their headed paper - am I right in assuming that a DoA should come from GE Money and not Link?

Hi,

I have been having trouble with LinkFinace Ltd and would really appreciate any help anyone can give.

We were already on a debt management plan with Payplan, when one of our creditors, GE Money, sold the debt to Link Finance Ltd. This was done without any warning from GE or Link, the first we knew was a letter from Link demnding full payment I called Link ho said they would not persue full payment and they would contact Payplan to discuss the matter. Six weeks later we had a court summons, even though we continued to make our payments through Payplan. When I called link again, I was quite rudely told they would not discuss it any further it was now a matter for the courts. They ignored both a letter from myself and the FOS and went ahead with the court case. We were ordered to pay £238 per month, which we could not do, so asked the courts to redetermin the amount via a hearing at our local court. The Judge we had was unbelievable, she did not want to hear our side of the case, ignored letters from both Payplan and the FOS. All she said was if you cannot pay the amount set by the court or settle in full, then she intended to sign a forthwith notice.

Link have siezed this oppourtunity to say they intend to apply for a charging order on our property.

What can I do, Is there anyway I can prevent this, I feel Link are just sharks and surely they should be offering more amicable solutions.

Andrew

Hi,

I have been having trouble with LinkFinace Ltd and would really appreciate any help anyone can give.

We were already on a debt management plan with Payplan, when one of our creditors, GE Money, sold the debt to Link Finance Ltd. This was done without any warning from GE or Link, the first we knew was a letter from Link demnding full payment I called Link ho said they would not persue full payment and they would contact Payplan to discuss the matter. Six weeks later we had a court summons, even though we continued to make our payments through Payplan. When I called link again, I was quite rudely told they would not discuss it any further it was now a matter for the courts. They ignored both a letter from myself and the FOS and went ahead with the court case. We were ordered to pay £238 per month, which we could not do, so asked the courts to redetermin the amount via a hearing at our local court. The Judge we had was unbelievable, she did not want to hear our side of the case, ignored letters from both Payplan and the FOS. All she said was if you cannot pay the amount set by the court or settle in full, then she intended to sign a forthwith notice.

Link have siezed this oppourtunity to say they intend to apply for a charging order on our property.

What can I do, Is there anyway I can prevent this, I feel Link are just sharks and surely they should be offering more amicable solutions.

Andrew

You need to star your own thread, you will them get the help you need