jetli

i group PPI

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3654 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi sorry new here and hope you can advise! This will be one of many debts I want to discuss but Mortgages come first! I took out a PPI when we took our mortgage out in 2005 with GE Money. I was told it would cover my Husband even though he is self-employed. Because we are in so much arrears I looked at the conditions and it seems that he is only covered if he is made bankrupt or has ceased trading completly!

They have been adding this on since 2005 which then gets added to the arrears!

Also the current charges they have made to our account (not including arrears) are for around £2,500. The monthly payment for PPI is £104.00.

SORRY WILL MOVE THIS TO PPI

Really confused as to what I can do but we do have a suspended repossesion order on our home of 17 years and if I could drag something back it would help.

PLEASE HELP

Edited by jetli

It would seem that the PPI has possibly been missold....Do you have access to a solicitor ? Have you tried to reclaim the PPI ? - Did you see this too ? - GMAC fined £2.8m for 'mistreating' mortgage customers | Money | guardian.co.uk

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Do have a Solcitor but cant afford it!

Read the GMAC article, am I right in saying they are part of Ge?

Does this mean that I just sit and wait for a re-inbursment?

Thanks

What you must do first is create a dispute with the company.....I was showing the link as an example of how sub-prime lenders have been overcharging for excessive fees for a long time.....and no don't wait for reimbursment, you need to give them an opportunity to answer to your dispute - have a look here - Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html