N150 assistance needed...please? / **WON**

NGEddie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry, what else do you need? got a bit lost on this now

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You would say yes?! just to get my head around it, if I say yes to trying to settle and yes to a one month stay, what would happen then? and how would I let them know they have a poor case without letting them know the reasons why?!

In one way it it were a much reduced sum it could almost be worth considering, the problem being we are seeing it as 4k, so 50% of that would be good at 2k, but they are seeing 8k, so even if they offered 50% its still the same as we started, i was actually thinking do they ever contact prior to court with an offer like that?

Cheers!

With an unenforceable debt you could offer 10%-15% and in exchanged marked as fully settled and default removed from CRA

If it ends up at court you want to be able to say that you tried hard to not waste the court's time.

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

also gives you more time to hammer home their failure to provide docs.

sorry, what else do you need? got a bit lost on this now

I know the feeling, lol

Ok, I had in my head to tick No to all the settlement part, but you said tick yes to the first two, is it likely or common the finance companies will try and settle early and a good compromie can be met? I am unsure what best to do on this.

Pre-action, is this paragraph acceptable?

This case is not covered by any approved protocol. After being diagnosed with a critical ilness rendering me unable to work by docotors orders, I have tried to act reasonably in attempting to negotiate a payment plan, however the claimant has been, indimitating, un-sympathetic and unco-operative, hence going straight to this claim.

Witness, i thought to put myself and my Dad for all facts, maybe I am wrong though?

Track part, I guess all the CCA rules still apply in the small claims? but gather it can be used for a straight forward case, like bad DN and other which I have, to resolve quickly even if over 5k? and it is good point as back up in case things went wrong in restricting costs!

Directions, just use the templtes I have been seeing asking for all documents in 14 days, this is fine.

Other Infomation is to attach the part asking about directions and at a disatvantage if they dont supply etc....

Actually I think that is about it, would you believe I didnt sleep at all last night and have come home from work il today with what feels like the flue, urgh! not good, this is just going round and round my head constantly, so I want to say a big thank you for peoples time, especially gh2008, on this, I guess I keep panicing in case I forget something and then post on here when no one is around!

Oh also, is it worth me calling the court to see if the other side have submitted theirs yet? I think I read if so I can ask for a copy?

Thanks again!

E

also gives you more time to hammer home their failure to provide docs.

You mean if the dont respond to the directions? as I didnt actually do the CPR thing in the end :-?

I believe the reason I didnt is because the POC doesnt actually mention them in any way, its quite vauge :-

The Claimants Claim is for the sum of XXXX being monies due and payable under the terms of a written finance agreement entered into between the parties on xxxx full particulars of which have been supplied to the Defendant. The Claimant also claims interest thereon pursuant to Section 69 of the county courtlink8.gif Act 1984 at the rate of xx per annum

Looks not very good compared to many others I have read!

I know the feeling, lol

Ok, I had in my head to tick No to all the settlement part, but you said tick yes to the first two, is it likely or common the finance companies will try and settle early and a good compromie can be met? I am unsure what best to do on this.

Nope they won't, but the Court expect them to - IMHO you don't want to be the ones saying 'make me pay' you're saying I'm happy to negotiate just show me the paperwork, let's understand what I lawfully owe and let's work something out

Pre-action, is this paragraph acceptable?

This case is not covered by any approved protocol. After being diagnosed with a critical illness rendering me unable to work by doctors orders, I have tried to act reasonably in attempting to negotiate a payment plan, however the claimant has been, intimidating, unsympathetic and uncooperative, going straight to litigation without proper warning or any attempt to settle.

Just a couple of spellings and a small change

Witness, i thought to put myself and my Dad for all facts, maybe I am wrong though?

I don't think that you are a witness to the facts, unless you saw the paperwork signed or something like that

Track part, I guess all the CCA rules still apply in the small claims? but gather it can be used for a straight forward case, like bad DN and other which I have, to resolve quickly even if over 5k? and it is good point as back up in case things went wrong in restricting costs!

Bad DN straightforward ;)

Higher the track, then the more likely you get heard properly

BUT you need to be much more prepared and teh costs risk is higher.

Directions, just use the templtes I have been seeing asking for all documents in 14 days, this is fine.

Make sure the 'template applies and make sure you understand it

Other Infomation is to attach the part asking about directions and at a disatvantage if they dont supply etc....

Actually I think that is about it, would you believe I didnt sleep at all last night and have come home from work il today with what feels like the flue, urgh! not good, this is just going round and round my head constantly, so I want to say a big thank you for peoples time, especially gh2008, on this, I guess I keep panicing in case I forget something and then post on here when no one is around!

Oh also, is it worth me calling the court to see if the other side have submitted theirs yet? I think I read if so I can ask for a copy?

Can't hurt :)

Thanks again!

E

Good luck - and try not to lose sleep (I know hard - we've all been there though) - it's not the end of the world, even if you do lose. Your health is way more important.

You mean if the dont respond to the directions? as I didnt actually do the CPR thing in the end :-?

I believe the reason I didnt is because the POC doesnt actually mention them in any way, its quite vauge :-

The Claimants Claim is for the sum of XXXX being monies due and payable under the terms of a written finance agreement entered into between the parties on xxxx full particulars of which have been supplied to the Defendant. The Claimant also claims interest thereon pursuant to Section 69 of the county courtlink8.gif Act 1984 at the rate of xx per annum

Looks not very good compared to many others I have read!

Ok, at AQ stage you are hoping for the court to get a good judge to have a look at the case and the AQs and decide what the best way of dealing with the claim.

He will look at it and say to himself

the OC lent the money and should be repaid it

BUT the CCA is there to protect consumers and the OC has not done what it must do and hasn't really made a good effort in bringing the claim.

To fairly deal with the case he needs to give directions, you've suggested some they could use.

You are hoping for an order giving a 1 month stay with 14 days for the OC to supply docs and then you 14 days to submit defence.

If they do not supply to apply to the court for another order to supply with strike out if they fail.

Thanks mate, that suddenly becomes crystal clear!

I just called the court and they havent had anything from the other side yet.

Am going to start polishing the draft and bits.

By the way, with small claims, can you still seek directions with the draft order for documents?

:)

Edited by NGEddie

Actually this will probably do :-

Its is respectfully requested this case be allocated to the small claims track, it is a straight forward case and is easily resolved on production of the required documentation by the claimant. not sure if to leave this off though...should the claimant not have the documentation required to progress this case I suggest that there will be no case to answer

Thanks!

It is a very valid point.

At the end of the day you are not contesting that there is a debt, you are contesting that there is an agreement requiring you to repay the debt. You are also contesting their right to claim s.69 interest when it is expressly not allowed in CCA1974 cases. You could say that by claiming the interest they are leading you to believe that it is not a CCA debt therefore "show me the agreement"

You could even change the 'required to progress this case' to 'lawfully required to bring this case'

JMHO

Yes that sounds much better, thanks :)

Where it says at the very beggining about have we sent a copy to the other party, and also section I it asks have you send documents to them, do you have to do this, or is it best to? In one way I guess if they pick up what they have done wrong, we know they cant go back and change so they may back down a bit, or possibly research into ways around it, what do you think?

It may not even matter that much, as its been transfered to the local court here already, but I found some really good wording for the reason it should stay here, typically its the very one part I forgot to copy and save, anyone know of anything good, or actually if it matters, they may just leave it here I guess?

Thanks!

Edited by NGEddie

Another bit!

Does my Other Infomation part need to be as detailed as Johns in Post 94 on here?

I was going to use the one on here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/131499-directions-n150-n149-allocation.html

unless I used this one but changed to small claims at the end :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/175566-upto-eyeballs-cl-finance.html#post1896634

Please tell me if this is wrong as need to get this right and done today!

Thanks again

Edited by NGEddie
Stressing!

Your AQ (prob N150) will be similar to the one in PT's post above. However IMHO I would also put on the draft order for the claimant to amend their POC to make them sufficiently particularised and compliant with CPR 16

Just reading my thread again and remembered this bit! Could I literally say :-

- An amended Particulars of Claim sufficiently particularised and compliant with CPR 16

Sound ok?

Sorry for the plethora or questions today but am keen to get it wrapped up :)

yep. don't need to expand that really. 16 should be fine as what you're asking is from parts 16.2, .3 and .4 . So I would leave it at 16.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Where it says at the very beggining about have we sent a copy to the other party, and also section I it asks have you send documents to them, do you have to do this, or is it best to?

It may not even matter that much, as its been transfered to the local court here already, but I found some really good wording for the reason it should stay here, typically its the very one part I forgot to copy and save, anyone know of anything good, or actually if it matters, they may just leave it here I guess?

the case will stay at your court as you are a LiP and they are a business trading in your local area

Just a quick one, do you have to sign the directions and Other Information attatchments?

directions no, info yes with a statement of truth

busy today isn't it :)

Thanks guys, it wont let me give you anymore reputation for the minute but thanks! :D

Cheers M, ill add that sentance in then!

GH, with the location, the claimant is actually up North and were down South, do you think its still ok to leave it?

When you say statement of truth?! Im sure I have probably seen these but not realised!

Busy, its my day off today and I havent let this pc once, lol, its all good though and at least its making sense to me, kinda ;)

Edited by NGEddie
added text

It will stay local - they gave you credit therefore they do business locally to you :) lol

I'm supposed to be working!! been on here since 9am without a break.

No wonder my business doesn't make any money lol

Wow, it feels like a weight is starting to lift as im getting this filled in :)

A - DONE

B - DONE

C- DONE

D - The agreement was actually signed at our house and I was here, so would it be both our names for all facts?

Experts - NO

Track - DONE

E - BLANK

F - DONE

G - BLANK

H - BLANK

I - Attatched documents - YES

Sent to other parties - NO I guess?

Applications - NO

I can attatch the Other Information regarding Special Directions etc... rather thank writing it all, yes?

Just need to know about statement of thruth please and I think were done! :D

D - yes I think so

I - I would send - looks good on you :)

yes attach it

you're getting lazy ;) google "statement of truth" lol

you're getting lazy ;) google "statement of truth" lol

Whats Google? :p

"I believe that the facts stated in this (name the document and the date of the document) are true."

Ok, that was easy!

With the Other Information part, I am thinking of going with :-

Section I

If the court is in agreement, the defendant respectfully requests that special directions may be given as per the attached draft order.

The defendant proposes these directions in mind of the Overriding Objectives, and in particular the duty of the parties to help the court further them. The issues outlined below are the crux upon which this claim rests, and the proposed directions identify these issues and will allow them to be assessed in advance of the hearing so that this claim may proceed justly and expeditiously;

Without production of the requested documents, I am at a disadvantage and am unable to serve a proper defence. Failure of the claimant to supply the requested documentation will make the case much harder for the court to deal with as without production of the requested documentation will inhibit the courts ability to deal with the case.

The House of Lords in the case of Wilson v First County Trust Ltd - [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) made it clear in paragraph 29 of LORD NICHOLLS OF BIRKENHEAD judgment

29. The court's powers under section 127(1) are subject to significant qualification in two types of cases. The first type is where section 61(1)(a), regarding signing of agreements, is not complied with. In such cases the court 'shall not make' an enforcement order unless a document, whether or not in the prescribed form, containing all the prescribed terms, was signed by the debtor: section 127(3). Thus, signaturelink8.gif of a document containing all the prescribed terms is an essential prerequisite to the court's power to make an enforcement order. The second type of case concerns failure to comply with the duty to supply a copy of an executed or unexecuted agreement pursuant to sections 62 and 63, or failure to comply with the duty to give

notice of cancellation rights in accordance with section 64(1). Here again, subject to one exception regarding sections 62 and63, section 127(4) precludes the court from making an enforcement order.

Its is respectfully requested this case be allocated to the small claims track, it is a straight forward case and is easily resolved on production of the required documentation by the claimant, should the claimant not have the documentation lawfully required to bring this case I suggest that there will be no case to answer

Therefore it stands to reason that these documents must be disclosed before this case can progress any further

I believe the facts stated in this uuummmm what is this called again are true

Do I need that caselaw in orange, as I have seen lots with and lots without? also not sure what we refer to that as?!

Cheers!

Edited by NGEddie
Changed to small claims!

actually it seems you don't need the statement according to PT's post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/131499-directions-n150-n149-allocation.html#post1382499 I'd just follow that layout.

sorry - long day - meant statement of truth not needed that's all :)