style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I am renting from a private landlord in the UK.

My boiler only works with the heating and is not connected to the hot water system.

The only way to get hot water to shower in the mornings is to wake up at 5am to manually switch on the immersion heater!

This is a massive pain in the backside - can I demand that the landlord fits a timer on the immersion heater? Where do I stand?

I would appreciate any options / Law that will help my cause!

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

Guest Old_andrew2018

Could you fit your own timer

Are you sure you are not on economy 7 where the boiler heats up at night... I'd check this first.

The short answer is no, you cannot demand the landlord puts a timer on at all. You have hot water and you have heating. Your lifestyle of wanting a shower has no bearing on what you actually have available, as far as law is concerned.

You could certainly request it. But demand it, no.