klh

Problems with Vodafone

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3633 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok, this is complex so bear with me!!! I have an internet dongle with vodafone I have had it since February this year and I pay £15.00 per month for it. Last week a friend of mine took out a contract phone for me, and was told that first payment would go from her account and then it could be transfered to mine.

On Monday, vodafone took £58.71 out of my bank account, I queried this (thinking there had been a mistake over the mobile phone) and they said the amount they had taken was for Octobers usage on the dongle. This is impossible!! From 1st October I have been living in a house with wireless connection so I have not even used the dongle apart from once when I stayed away overnight and checked emails. I spoke to Vodafone and they say it has to be paid I cant dispute it as their records are correct. Surely this isnt the case? They say an amount and I just take their word for it???

Only thing Im worried about is while we dispute this, will it affect my mobile phone? Im hoping not as seperate contract?

Help!!!

Hi

Not an expert but I've got a Pay as you Go dongle. Mine gives me usage on my vodaphone account on laptop. Does yours? If so, might give you an arguing point?

It does sound a lot. When I used dongle all the time, before I got broadband, I only spent £15 per month on it. I used it every day for about 3 hours but mainly for checking emails, facebook etc. Didn't download much.

• Haha 1

Hi klh,

Jan4a is correct in saying that there is data counter on our Mobile Broadband service but it's worth beating in mind that this will only provide a guide on your monthly usage and won't take into consideration things such as automatic updates, spyware etc.

As you clearly have doubts about the bill you're welcome to email the Web Relations Team with your details by following the instructions in our pinned thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html and we'll be happy to take a closer look at this for you.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK