MXBN

Judgment Forthwith

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3657 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had a CCJ entered against me for a Nationwide loan which ordered me to pay a large amount back each month which I can't afford, I made them an offer before this with Payplan but they didn't accept it so I appealed and now the appeal has come back and it says 'There Be Judgment forthwith' does this mean they want it paid off straight away or that the previous judment stands?

I didn't attend the court but Payplan sent some stuff and I wrote a letter to the court saying I couldn't afford to get there as I live in the Netherlands and we made them an offer etc but still a bad judgment, are they all plotting against us?

Anyway, I have a house which I'm trying to sell in the UK and the mortgage is with Nationwide so I think they are after a charging order, when they put a charging order on is it correct you cannot sell your house until the hearing?

If they put an order on the house it is very near negative equity, I'm already on interest only repayments and the Nationwide wasn't happy last time I spoke to them, it can't go on forever, do they really want me to sell or do they just want to repossess?

Is there anyway I can appeal against an appeal or stop them putting a charging order on as I think the whole thing has been done on purpose in favour of the Nationwide and Shoosmiths solicitors so they can get their chrging order. Is there a way to delay it all so I can sell the house first? Any advice on what I can do?

Thanks

Any advice?

Did you query the whole judgement or simply go for a redetermination of the payment?

If the house is negative equity (at the moment anyway) then they are probably applying for a charging order so that when prices improve at some indeterminate point they can then force a sale.

If they forced a sale while you were in negative equity then they would get nothing - except a bill from their lawyers.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

What was the date of the CCJ ?

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.