saneidiot

help of Court summons from railway company

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Yesterday, my friend receive a court summons from a railway company said he was prosecuted for railway fare evasion. After he checked, the statement of facts and witness statement provided by the railway company, in the statement of facts it said my friend didn't have means to pay the fare, on the other hand, in the witness statement, it said my friend has means to pay the fare. If these false statement presented at court, is there any chance for my friend to win the case?

Guest Old_andrew2018

There are people with expertise who contribute to the forum, however I think you might need to post more details in order to receive a reply to your question.

Andy

Old-Andrew is right in that a little more information will be helpful.

What rail company was it or roughly where was your friend travelling and what does the charge on the Summons actually say?

If the charge is that of 'intending to avoid a fare' then whether the traveller had means or not might be relevant, but not conclusively so

If the charge is 'failed to show a valid ticket on demand' then whether means was available isn't relevant.