quick-smart

name change problems

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3626 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I relly hope someone can help me with this,

I got married in June, have changed all my financial stuff over to my married name, house is in married name, everything except a few bits that I'll get round to like dentist etc. I recently applied for a couple of new financial produts. One sent the app. form through the post this morning, but in my maiden name. Thought I had maybe slipped up (pretty sure I didn't, don't like my old name, got used to my new one quite quickly) and didn't give it much thought. I have just tried now to apply for something else on line, this time definitely with my married name and it's come back again with my maiden name. Now there is a slim possibility I made the same mistake twice, but I'm about 90% sure I didn't. Any ideas why this is happening?

I thought maybe because so many financial instituions are linked these days, it's just pulling my details off old records, but as I've changed everything to my married name, I don't see how this would happen?

Please help!!

Wouldn't think so - paranois would make you think THEY had changed it, but then it wouldn't be viable for them to do this as you;d still be Mrs Smith (not Miss Black(, so what do you mean it has 'come back' in your maident name?

ok, so you apply for a bank account online, fill in your details, previous addresses, bank information etc. If you've had a name change in the last three years, they ask you for details of your previous name as well. Then if they like you they send the application form through the post for you to sign and return, sometimes with an account number already allocated. What I received in the post (twice) was a letter addressed to "Mrs Sharon Taylor".

I'm certain, at least with the second application, that I put my married name as my application name and my maiden name in the previous names section.

Sounds like incompetence, rather than any issue if forcing you to change your name to something THEY want - simply referring to the last name they remember at the input screen! Just cross out the error(s) and sing the amendment.