Chez63

Bradford Points!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Are Bradford points a fair way of monitoring attendance and are they legal to use? As far as I was aware they were being phased out, colleagues are coming into work with flu and other contagious ailments cos they are worried about their points level.Last year we had a flu epedemic at work and the bosses were handing out tissues and lemsip rather than send ill people home.

Does anyone have any advice on this..another point no Trade unions are allowed in this workplace...pathetic!!:???::twisted:

I don't know what Bradford points are, sorry.

Is it where if you repeatedly don't show up, they send you to Bradford as a punishment?

BTW, a curry is an excellent remedy for colds and sniffles in my experience.

So, sorry can't help ya.

BUT!!

Trade Unions are not allowed!?!:mad:

Please tell me more about that......

Anyone who tries to introduce a union is suddenly disciplined then you never see them again...they go through all your records and calls when they find a fault then instant dismissal!! The old staff there from approx 6 yrs had to sign their contract to say they would not join. This does not happen now but it is not allowed and is frowned upon if mentioned.

This is an explanation of how Bradford Factor is calculated.

Bradford Factor

The Bradford Factor identifies persistent short-term absence for individuals, by measuring the number of spells of absence, and is therefore a useful measure of the disruption caused by this type of absence. It is calculated using the formula:

S x S x D S = number of spells of absence in 52 weeks taken by an individual

D = number of days of absence in 52 weeks taken by that individual

For example:

10 one-day absences: 10 x 10 x 10 = 1,000

1 ten-day absence: 1 x 1 x 10 = 10

5 two-day absences: 5 x 5 x 10 = 250

2 five-day absences: 2 x 2 x 10 = 40

The trigger points will differ between organisations. As for all unauthorised absence, the underlying causes will need to be identified.

Lots of companies use this method of monitoring absence. The theory is that employees who take lots of single days off sick (attracting a higher score) cause more disruption to the business than those who take longer "one off" periods of sickness.

A company don't have to recognise a union in the workplace, but they can't stop you being a member or having union representation at a disciplinary.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Astounding:eek:.

Can ya get me a job there?

Astounding:eek:.

Can ya get me a job there?

Surely you cant be out of work ? can you?

You seem to know a lot on the subject of employment law,how`s that? if you dont mind me asking.......

I'm a chef. I had to resign from my last job to some back to sunny West Yorks as both my elderly parents need looking after.

They're on the mend now, but there's not much about.

Last year we had a flu epedemic at work and the bosses were handing out tissues and lemsip rather than send ill people home.

Does anyone have any advice on this..another point no Trade unions are allowed in this workplace...pathetic!!:???::twisted:

Ummm... i dont think health and safety will take kindly to them handing out medication, regardless of what medication it is, or infact forcing people to work who are clearly ill or at risk of spreading infectious viruses to other people.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.