Bryan Carter Update

Chez63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi have posted this previously regarding Bryan Carter Solicitors and apologise for interupting someone else's thread..did not know at the time.So have posted again as below.

Hi regarding Bryan Carter Solicitors, I had an outstanding debt after being made redundant in 2006. It was for a car loan with Cooperative Bank for £3.000 and I only had £640.00 left to pay. This went through county court who ordered I pay £210.00 through a bayliff,this only has £30.00 remaining to pay this month.

Suddenly yesterday I got a letter from Bryan Carter saying they wanted me to pay the remaining £430.00 or they will be instructing bayliffs and taking back to court!!

Surely you can not go to court twice for the same debt? Or that's what I would have thought. Out of panic I did call their office and a snooty woman informed me that they only took me to court last time for part of the debt. I asked for a copy of the previous court referal letter as I never saw the original as it went to my old address. She advised they would not have copies after all these years.

Can anyone advise me on this as I don't understand and a bit confused.

Thanks

Well two day's onfromreading other peoples experiences and your brilliant advice. Yet again all day Bryan Carter Solicitors have tried to contact me on my mobile whilst at work. Unfortunately I can not answer their calls whilst working and was really annoyed by this, cos I wanted to tell themto get lost!! Waited all night too for a call and it never happened...shucks....maybe tomorrow I can do it?

What really annoys me is the fact that they are using my number without permission and I did not confirm this with them,plus their stupid texts have kept arriving all day!!

Can someone please tell me who I need to report them to as I can not wait would like to see them done over once and for all...Please advise and I will be n the case as soon as possible..

Thanks

Bryan Carter is famous for attempting to split claims, he knows very well that it is in contravention of the County Courts Act, but works on the assumption that people don't know their rights. He operates via Northampton Bulk Court where there is no hearing, therefore he gets judgment by default without anyone intervening:mad:

Report him to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority - they will have already had plenty of complaints about him doing this.

Once you have paid the original judgment ask the court to send you a certificate of satisfaction - there is a fee for this but I can't remember how much it is, if you ring the court they will tell you. Once you have the certificate it will serve as proof that you have paid the court order in full. Should Carter issue a claim for the rest of the debt you would then put in a defence that the claim has been satisfied. The claim would then be transferred from Northampton to your local court and Carter would immediately withdraw the claim as he would realise he has been rumbled!

One day Carter will get what's coming to him and I hope I get to see it:mad:

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Chez, I'm going to move your thread to the Debt Forum where it will get more visibility.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Solicitors Regulation Authority - Solicitors' Code of Conduct 2007

Make a complaint to the above about this excuse for a human being, he needs to be culled and put out of his misery.:mad:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i suggest that you include in your letter to the SRA that you are aware that this person has been engaging in this illegal activity for some time and that you believe he has previously been warned about it and that you expect the SRA to do something about it and not fob you off by pretending that they are unaware of his activities

the more pressure put on the SRA the better -

Does anyone have experience of counterclaiming against Bryan Carter? They have made a claim against me for a debt which does not exist. I returned a faulty item and the mail order company did not credit the account. I ordered the item in 2004. I was told several times that I did not owe and it would not be pursued but suddenly I received the summons and I have launched a counterclaim to the court............. perhaps someone is in the same position?

Does anyone have experience of counterclaiming against Bryan Carter? They have made a claim against me for a debt which does not exist. I returned a faulty item and the mail order company did not credit the account. I ordered the item in 2004. I was told several times that I did not owe and it would not be pursued but suddenly I received the summons and I have launched a counterclaim to the court............. perhaps someone is in the same position?

If you can start your own thread, then people will be along to give you help and advice.;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Chez, I have one of those letters.

In essence if you have a judgment for a part of the debt then BC cannot claim for the balance (well he can I suppose but his chances are nil if you defend).

BC is threatening to obtain a warrant of execution for the full amount at least he did in my letter). I have checked with the court where the judgment was awarded and flagged up that BC might apply for a warrant for an amount much greater than the judgment amount. They stated that it was a part of their procedures to check the application against the judgment for precisely this point. Perhaps you could flag this with the court where your judgment was awarded - do it in writing so that it goes on the case file and will be read by the court if BC's application is ever actually received.

As to BC's threats of bailiffs etc. this is just BC's bluster in trying to bully you. You can either ignore it (he doesn't like that very much) or report him the the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (which he couldn't give a damn about because they never seem to actually do anything although Tesco probably applies).

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

That's an interesting point diddy - has Bryan Carter EVER won a judgment without cheating? If he has, I can't find it on CAG!

If someone had then they wouldn't be on CAG anyway...

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi everone, I'm a newbie, just joined today, great site. I too am a victim of Bryan Carter, got my 'Happy Xmas, we're taking you to court' letter today with 3 days notice. My debt will be 6 years old in January...my question is, if I reply to this letter, even just to deny the debts existence, will the six years then begin again? I'm worried about getting a CCJ if I ignore the letter, which is the first one from BC. I am ill and have absolutely no money.

Hi everone, I'm a newbie, just joined today, great site. I too am a victim of Bryan Carter, got my 'Happy Xmas, we're taking you to court' letter today with 3 days notice. My debt will be 6 years old in January...my question is, if I reply to this letter, even just to deny the debts existence, will the six years then begin again? I'm worried about getting a CCJ if I ignore the letter, which is the first one from BC. I am ill and have absolutely no money.

if you are that close i wouldn/t even bother answering it- they cant get you in court quickly enough

but to answer your question No, denying the debt does not re set the clock

Hi Meg,

Firstly welcome,

I suggest you start your own thread with a few extra details to allow the CAGGERS to advise best.

A few questions for you to answer in your first post in addition to the above info that you posted.

Date loan/credit started/taken out

type of loan (secured/un sec/ overdraft/catalogue)

rough amount, not exact ammount

date of last pament made towards the loan/credit

original creditor

best regards,

yub

ditto diddydickys comments also

Edited by yubnub
saw dd's post

Thanks diddydicky and yubnub, the debt is about 330 pounds, owed to a catalogue company, mislaid the original agreement if indeed there was one, I have some doubts. I had a bad time, was ill, lost my home and job, struggled to keep up payments for a while, got the help of a debt management group as I really did not want to default, but they kept upping my repayments til I couldnt afford to live. Cant recall exactly when I last made a payment, the debt managers abandoned me when I fell behind with payments, but the brown stuff hit the fan early in 2003. Sorry if all this sounds like a sob story, its just to give a bit of background info. The debt has been chased by various firms over time, names that caggers will recognise such as Red, Robinson Way, 1st Credit , Westcot, Cohen and Alexander James. Would you advise me to ask for proof of a CCA?

do you mean the catalogue company have lost the agreement? or you have lost your copy,

I would guess you dont have a lot to worry about judging by the dates and the fact it is a catalogue debt, - if they have lost their copy then it is game over for them!

Please start your own thread - copy and past the info you have provided already here into it,

Personally I would sit tight and wait for carters to do something worth worrying about. - or paerhaps send the proove it leter

yub