• Tweets

• I Know I will get flamed for this , but for once time only I am with MET . The so called  “graffiti” is there to help people , Parent and child bays , Disabled bays , and electric charge point bays are all there for a reason  , just suppose you had an electric car and it was in need of charging ,had children in the car and need extra space to get them out ,had a disabled passenger who needs extra space . how would you feel  if the bay was obstructed . I have no doubt the experts here will guide you to having the parking charge cancelled . But morally ………..
    • I'm afraid that standing on principles almost always involves a bit of risk. I hadn't noticed the case that you have referred to – and our site team member @Andyorch has already commented on it that there is a lottery in so far as judges are concerned. I haven't seen the claim form and I don't know precisely how it was argued in court. I feel very strongly that the decision is wrong because it effectively allows contractual terms to overcome statutory rights – and this has to be in error. Whatever the case, it is most likely that Hermes will simply put their hands up and pay you out and if you had claimed 5 pounds more they would have done the same. Even if they had gone to court, your chances of winning on a claim for the £25 would be better than 95% and the worst you might have expected would have been for the court to refuse to award you the extra 4 pounds and simply to give you the £25. I think that Hermes and the other courier companies rely on the fact that their customers don't have sufficient confidence to refuse to pay for the extra insurance. Clearly this is something which needs to be tested at a reasonably within the court structure but of course this is most unlikely to happen given the value of claims. I was sorry to see that your original reason for not claiming the full value was that   I asked you to post up your claim form. I think it will be helpful if you did that.
    • I've inserted their poc re:your.. 1 ..they did send 2 paploc's  3. neither the agreement nor default is mentioned in their 2.        
    • Hi Guys, i read a fair few threads and saw a lot of similar templates being used. i liked this one below and although i could elaborate on certain things (they ignored my CCA and sent 2 PAPs etc etc) , am i right in that at this stage keep it short? If thats the case i cant see what i need to add/change about this one   1)   the defendant entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreements vanquis under account reference xxxxxxx 2)   The defendant failed to maintain the required payment, arrears began to accrue 3)   The agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 29 September 2017 and notice given to the defendant 4)   Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of 2247.91 remains due outstanding And the claimant claims a)The said sum of £2247.91 b)The interest pursuant to S 69 county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £xxxx, but limited to one year,  being £xxxx c)Costs   Defence:   The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim vague and are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   1. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.   2. The Claimant claims £2247.91 is owed under a regulated consumer credit account under reference xxxxxxx. I do not recall the precise details or agreement and have sought verification from the claimant and the claimants solicitor by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request who are yet to fully comply.   3. Paragraph 2 is denied. I am unable to recall the precise details of the alleged agreement or any default notice served in breach of any defaulted payments. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied.The Defendant contends that no notice of assignment pursuant to s.136 of the Law of Property Act & s.82 A of the CCA1974 has ever been served by the Claimant as alleged or at all.   5. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:   (a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence any cause of action and service of a Default Notice or termination notice; and © show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;   6. After receiving this claim I requested by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a section 78 request for copies of any documents referred to within the Claimants' particulars to establish what the claim is for. To date they have failed to comply to my CPR 31.14 request and also my section 78 request and remain in default with regards to this request.   7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.   8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.   9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.  
    • i understand. Just be aware I am prepared to take some risks 😉
  • Our picks

JimmySpangle

Mobility question

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3571 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As some of you will know, I am a blue badge holder in receipt of the higher rate of DLA (mobility). I can walk, but it is very painful and going to town now is avoided if possible.

I live about 2 miles from the City Centre and have considered a couple of options. I was considering buying a mobity scooter, either a colapsable one I can take in the boot and then put up once there, or one of the nippy ones (8mph) and drive it all the way there and back.

Problem I have is that they are 'grannymobiles' and I am a bloke in my late 40's. Without trying to offend anyone, I don't like the whole image of them. Poxy shopping basket on the front etc. If it had a V8 engine and wide wheels, then great. But no... you know what I mean.

Other option is an electric wheelchair, but then I feel like a fraud when I can walk and don't want people getting things from shelves for me when I can get up and do it. But I also don't want to be seen as that bloke in Little Britain either!

So. Does anyone know a happy medium for me? I would gladly use one of those two wheel things from USA, but i believe they are illegal here. I am totally open to suggestion, just something that I can ideally sit down on/in and not look like my grandmother.

Thanks for the replies so far. Roller skates? Behave yourself!:)

The last one looks a little more like it. I did a search on google and found a pic. Of a granny and her dog in one. Grrrrrrr!

I may be looking for something that doesn't exist of course. I will have to avoid the 4 wheel burgundy red with walnut trim scooters with the wicker basket on the front. It looks as though the cheap and nasty looking 3 wheeler that folds up completely maybe the only viable solution. I have to make sure it has an ignition key though. This is Nottingham and unless it is nailed down it will walk. I even had my walking sticks pinched once whilst I was using the cash point. Couldn't believe it! Running up the road laughing and through them into the road. Luckily a kind person retrieved them for me.

Anyway, I diverge. Any more suggestions welcome. I should add, that I am not in the price league for that last one either. It will be a used one I buy.

I eventually bit the bullet and bought a second hand class 3 mobility scooter that scoots along at 8mph. I have not used it much as I have the same problem as you being a petrol head and loviong V8s etc.

I carry my sticks with me and park up outside the shop and then do the shopping inside however this is only to get bread or milk as a big shopping is very difficult as one has to push a trolley using one stick and hanging onto the trolley to retain your balance. I don't fancy using thsoe zimmer frame type trolleys as it gives me a complex.

If you are buying a second hand one, there is nothing stopping you from doing it up a bit to make it more fun. :D:p

Ride em cowboy!!!!!

horse-disabled-cart.jpg

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

That has made my day! I have a photo somewhere of a lady in Skegness riding something that looks like a Harley Davidson, with her blue badge dangling from the steering. I'll try and find it just now.....

:lol::lol:

Bet you can't wait to get one now!! :D

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Update:

Bahhhh humbug. Computer says no. Plus the manufacturer has gone bankrupt. When you see this you will understand why I want one.

Look up Carver One on You tube. The one with Jenson Button trying it is the best I think.

Oh well. Back to the grannymobile then......:(

HEYYYYY.

I'm a granny and I wouldn't be seen using one! :mad:

:razz:

But not your typical granny!! :p:D

F&Q's... Read here

we got a brand new one for sale my hubby 23 and i prefer him in wheelchair it is a tga eclipse scooter folds down for car etc...black and silver very trendy was £1650 new it comes with warrenty..and goes 9 mph...ok it has the detachable basket but comes in handy for my shopping bags lol....has an ignition and you just chaqrge the battery indoors...let me know unless u have found your ideal one..

kind regards