• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Me vs. Halifax (Personal Loan AC)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read many many pages of posts and threads on CAG and I must say I'm as much bewildered as I am heartened and disheartened, but thought I'd post up my case details as they may be different, they may help someone else, someone else may be able to offer some help, but mostly so that I can keep track of what's been done and when!

Firstly, I do not deny my debt to Halifax.

Secondly, I had a lot of debt (somewhere in the region of £40K).

Thirdly, I finally admitted I had a problem in August 2003 and I've been using Payplan ever since to manage my DMP. Halifax were one of 5 initial creditors (along with my ex's parents, my divorce solicitor HA!, HFC, NatWest and Halifax). That's the background to this.

So I started making repayments to them, was issued with the usual defaults (as those payments were lower than the repayments laid out in original credit agreements). Payplan told me that I would be debt free within 5 years, and informed me that they would "usually" be able to get all interest and charges frozen by my creditors. Neither turned out to be true :confused:

Of all my creditors, it appears that only Halifax have not frozen interest or charges, because as my "outstanding debt" has come down over the years, my debt to the Halifax has remained unusually higher. I've even paid off HFC already - even though I have been paying all my creditors a pro-rata payment that should have seen all debts come to an end around the same time. I've actually calculated that I have paid back more than I borrowed (£7.5K). So now I believe I am only paying them back interest and charges. The debt is for a Halifax Personal Loan taken out in Oct-2002. The debt was made part of my DMP in Sept-2003. The debt was then passed to Blair Oliver Scott in Sept-2007 (I had missed ONE payment in the preceding 4 years). In April of this year I became unemployed and found I couldn't keep to my DMP. As such the debt has now passed to Moorcroft.

I have sent a CCA S77/79 request as I am disputing how much is actually owed. What I want to see is how much interest and charges have been added to this account over the years, to see if any of that was either not clearly stated in my original T&Cs or if any of the charges are deemed to be illegal and which I may now be able to claim back, and I make no bones about the fact that I'm doing this because I am suffering financial hardship.

So my CCA s77/79 request was posted to Moorcroft on 24th Nov 2009.

I received an initial response saying they had asked their client (Halifax) for copies of agreements and then went on to ask what my purpose was for asking for these as it may help to prevent costly litigation.

My initial response was going to be something along the lines of "I'm asking for this because I believe there may have been unfair charges or interest applied to the account", but then I thought it best to go with:

In reference to your letter dated 2nd December 2009. Until I am in receipt of the requested documentation in accordance with the CCA 1974, including but not limited to, proof that Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd are legally entitled to collect any outstanding debt, should there be any outstanding debt, then I am unable to enter into any further correspondence with moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd.

I would also like to remind you that you have 12 working days to provide this information, and stating that you have requested this information from your client does not consitute compliance in this matter. Also if the requested information is not provided within a further month (or 30 days) then you will be in breach of the CCA 1974 and open to further action.

I don't want to appear to be really arsey with them, but I'm a bit miffed to say the least that (a) I didn't get a suitable response from Payplan about the lack of Halifax's willingness to freeze interest and charges and (b) I'm bloody skint at the moment and facing supposed court action from Moorcroft about an outstanding debt that they are claiming they will lump their own costs on!

I've worked out that the APR% on the loan must have been around the 28% mark considering the amount borrowed, the initial repayments, the payments made since, and the amount that is claimed to still be owed. Hence why I want to see the initial agreement, and a statement of account to find out how much money I have actually already paid off this debt.

If anyone has any advice/comments, then it's most welcome. Otherwise I will post back with updates for the good of anyone else that may have to go through similar.

Thanks to all in the forums though, you've been a help and inspiration :) (and a good laugh at times) :D

Pete

Hello and Welcome, Pete.

Good to see you on the site, I take it they have still not complied with your CCA request.

You could always send Halifax a SAR, this will let you know the score regarding charges applied ect.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Scott and thanks.

I think that will be my next step. I'm going to give it a few more days as I believe they actually have until the 10th Dec to respond (as that will be 12 working days from the date of my request).

Then I will send in the SAR to Halifax, and completely ignore Moorcroft :)

Cheers,

Pete

Sounds like the way to go, keep us updated.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 month later...

Update:

Moorcroft have now (courtesy of Halifax) provided me with a photocopy of a signed copy of my credit agreement and have stated that as they have complied with my original request they will now recommence normal collection methods after a period of 7 days.

What they fail to have missed is that I also requested a "statement of account" and their "deeds of assignment", so they haven't complied. I will use this to put a block on any aggressive collection methods, but I have resumed paying them what I can afford (which isn't much at the moment, but tough sh*t, they are still getting a pro-rata'd payment out of what I can afford) and I will ask them to supply the requested documentation.

The most interesting thing about the credit agreement is that it includes a form of PPI - and it the PPI was one of those "single premium" types. So they have added the insurance onto the loan and then charged me interest on the loan and the insurance, which I believe they can't do?!

Besides which ... I now also believe I may have been mis sold the insurance on a number of points. Those being:

1) I was never asked about any pre-existing medical conditions, and I have Crohns disease, but I can't find any information anywhere as to whether Crohns is a disclosable illness or not.

2) It was never made clear to me that other products were available (this is Halifax's own insurance!)

3) I believe I was "advised" that if I didn't take out PPI then I would be paying a higher monthly premium (higher interest rate) as I would then be considered more high-risk ... or IOW, I was told that taking out PPI would increase my chances of getting credit!

So think it's time for SAR to Halifax. Letter informing Moorcroft of this (and also informing them that they have failed to comply).

But also having done a bit of reading up on PPI ... have discovered that I was mis sold it when I bought my car! So need to find out who I complain to in order to get a refund as it was sold me by a car salesman in a car showroom (hardly "expert financial advice" eh?!), but it was authorised by the lender (Marsh Finance) who recommended on the basis of the answers provided that I should take out PPI with Hitachi Capital Insurance.

The answers provided, whilst true, failed to indicate that I was a contract worker (not self-employed but employed through an umbrella company) at the time and therefore I would not have been covered by the policy!

Oh and now I'm doing battle with Metropolitan Collection Services over a HSBC overdraft ... HSBC made errors on my account and are refusing to fully refund the interest charges, so more letters of complaint. In fact they are going to get a very strongly worded one just for their sheer ignorance/arrogance! I'll start another thread for that one though :rolleyes:

Quick question for someone/anyone ...

Although Halifax have provided my signed credit agreement, there are NO terms and conditions on the agreement. Instead it references a "Personal Loan Conditions 2002 booklet" for it's T&C's. I'd have thought that the CCA would have made it a stipulation to provide the T&C's also? Simply supplying the signed agreement gives me nothing except how much I was expected to repay and that I have now discovered I had a PPI policy (which I was unaware of!)

cheers,

Pete