Best Case Scenario - Dodgy credit Agreement cap1

Spinney100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been reading lots and lots on here, especially about unsound credit agreements. On what basis can these agreements be ignored, and can debts actually be written off? I cant find anywhere that neatly summarises the possible outcomes, and boy Ive done some reading.

Ive CCA'd Capital One and received back a very dodgy credit agreement with no signature. Ive been through the Cap One forum and realise its going to be a hard slog to get anything off them. What Im querying really is ifI eventually succeed, whats my best case scenario or is help on here only for people claiming back unreasonable charges?

Spinney100 whats your problem with cap1?

I suggest you have a look at the Cap1 threads before defending them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

who said i was defending them?

Having looked at your other thread, you can hardly blame me for making that assumption. We don't know the OP's reasons for challenging his/her agreement and until then instead of making the comment you did, it would have been more productive to offer advice rather than assume the OP was out to avoid the debt.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Spinney100 whats your problem with cap1? or do you just want to clear the debt by pointing out the problem with the credit agreement?

Danny27404, thanks for your interest. Having read your ongoing thread in this forum I do not wish to enter into any kind of dialogue with you. Don’t take it personally, but I came here for some help, some advice and support, which I suspect I wont get from you. You clearly have a point to make, and as this is a forum which positively encourages the principles of free speech, what better place to grab a soap box and make it…….. just please don’t do it on my thread.

Anyone have any positive replies to my original question ?

morning Spinney,

Now we can get back to helping you if we can.

Cap1 are one of the worst for supplying anything

If you haven't yet put the account into dispute, you should do so. They will say they have complied by virtue of the 1983 regs in that they can send an agreement without certain details but that's not what you asked for. Can you post up the agreement (i haven't had a laugh today)

It is highly unlikely that the debt will be written off. Cap1 will default you if you miss payments and might sell the debt to a DCA. The DCA will hound you with silly phone calls and pretend threatening letters.

If you have charges or PPI which was mis-sold, then you could recalim them. You could SAR them to get back all your data (which may include a copy of your agreement).

I do have to say, you didn't give us much idea of what problems Cap1 have caused you.

fox

Thanks for the response SilverFox.

I was made redundant 8 months ago. Like a few people I always thought "it won't happen to me". I have managed to keep my creditors at bay using savings and selling stuff I don't really need. (my motorcycle for example, and it broke my heart :(). Ive now run out of money. I have not paid my monthly payment against my Cap1 credit card. I have written to them explaining my situation and indicated I have ongoing discussions with the CCCS. I have asked them not to phone or communicate with me until such time as the CCCS write to them.

Cap1 have been their understanding selves.

They phone me several times a day on my mobile.

They phone me several times a day on my home phone.

They send me emails.

They send me letters.

Occasional texts of good will and festive cheer? Not a f*ckin hope.

Now multiply this by 3 as I have other credit agreements which are also suffering. Im up to my back teeth with them, all of them.The final straw came when Sainsburys Bank sent me a demand notice disguised as a pay slip. The f*cking irony of it ( Im seriously thinking of wiping my ar5e on it and sending it back to them ...:grin:)

Their not playing ball, so Ive decided I'm not going to either. Ive CCA'd all of them and now Im moving along to the next step. Cap1 are first. Thats why I need help. If I can avoid paying them another penny, I will.

Morality doesn't come into it. My creditors have abandoned that high ground a long time since.

Soooo ... how do I put the account into dispute anyone.

Morning,

Try not to worry if you don't get a response. Sometimes the amount of posts mean that yours gets dropped to page 2 or 3 and gets missed. Just give yourself a little bump every so often.

Still post up the agreement if possible but obscure any personal details (if any)

Bookmark this page as it contains lots of letters to use:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

I would send letter 9

I would log the dates and times of all phone calls and if you can record them, mores the better. You could send them this:

Harassment by telephone - Consumer Wiki

when they ring, why not ask them security questions too :grin: That tends to throw them.

fox