cdti_88

Buying second hand parts

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3626 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Bought a set of second hand ZS headlights from a company in cannock called 'mgforyou', as i was told id need new headlights for the MOT, (the tester adjusted the as much as possible and wouldnt all in the requirements). Now, the MOT has passed with the original headlights, so I rang the mgforyou chap and hes saying he wont give a refund, i only bought them yesterday!

Can I fight it? or should i just accept the loss?

Just need some sound advice thanks

Doubtful if you will get a refund unless you are well known to firm and a regular customer. Reason is that dishonest people have handed back useless components and tried to keep good one from breaker. It's handy to have a spare anyway.

If the MoT tester could not get them to align, then they are faulty and unfit for the purpose bought. Under the sale of goods act you are entitled to a refund. Breakers yards think they are above the law most of the time. How did you pay? credit card? If so, Send the lights back by courier (try interparcel.com or parcel2go.com) for about £8 all in. That way you can prove they have gone back. Photograph them first outside and then inside the box. Pack them well. Give him 7 days to refund your money in full. Tell him that in a letter. If no response then, contact creditcard company for a chargeback.