Monument Hassle

Richy B
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i have been reading threads in these forums for a while and find most very interesting and the advice extremely helpful.

I have a senario and i'm hoping you may be able to help? My other half has a debt management plan with various credit cards included, one of which is Monument. When joining the debt management company they took their usual first payment set up fee meaning all creditors weren't paid for that month. The debt management company managed to get arrangements in place with all of my partners creditors but... Monument like to see 3 payments reach them on time before they clear the arrears into the balance. One of the payments reached them a little after the due date and they marked this as arrears on the account. Because of this my partner gets calls every other day from Monument chasing this 'late payment' even though her debt management company has an arrangement in place with them.

She has spoken to her debt management company who have called Monument and tried to put a stop to the calls but Monument are having none of it! Unless the late payment of £36 is paid up they will not stop calling! Their is no way my partner could afford that on top of what she is paying out each month and my situation is pretty simular.

How will my missus be able to put a stop to these calls?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Richy B

one way is to manage the payments yourself, you dont need to use a debt management compnayfor all of your creditors or any of them

agree the amount to be paid to momument and the date and interest frozen then pay them seperatly and take them out of the plan.

or if there are only a few creditors come out of the plan and save the 17.5% by paying them yourself.

if your paying over £250 a month and have over £15k and more than three creditors look at a IVA

cheers James

You could also send Monument a telephone harrassment letter and in addition advise them that a third party is dealing with your financial affairs and to direct all matters to them in the first instance.

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

You could also send Monument a telephone harrassment letter and in addition advise them that a third party is dealing with your financial affairs and to direct all matters to them in the first instance.

Regards

Hi thanks for your reply.

Do you know where i could obtain a template letter for telephone harrassment or should i write one, i wouldn't know where to start so i would need some ideas if possible?

Have a look through some of these template letters

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

and

The Consumer Forums - Harassment

for the telephone harrassment letter

regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

you may also want to add that you will report them to the OFT regarding their unfair practices:

refusing to deal with appointed or authorised third parties, such as Citizens Advice Bureaux, independent advice centres or money

advisers

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

No notice of County Court Action and as far as I am aware they don't intend too...

Notice of assignment is when an original creditor sells on the debt to a third party. The cca is the agreement you signed for the credit card originally. This is important as you need to request this if you have not had a copy enclosing a £1 postal order.

Let me know if you do not have the template to do this and I will post it on here for you