Parkforce

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading a few threads on Parking eye and Excel Parking, saying it's just a charge, which is Unenforceable, so just ignore and refuse to pay.

Is this company also using the same sort of [problem], Using private property and they get £60 if paid and pay £10 to Landowner or company that uses said Land.

Here is a sign, and something similar to an issued ticket

parkingchargesign001.jpg

parkingchargeticket.jpg

That is hillarious. Their entire terms and conditions if you read it are, wait for it.....

VEHICLES DISPLAYING A VALID PRKFORCE PERMIT ONLY

Terms? conditions? Both plural? What terms and conditions? That sentence on its own means nothing at all in English or in Law.

Sponsored by the Chuckle Brothers? In association with Billy Connolly? :grin:

and of course yet again the FAMOUS "PO BOX" :D

not the required FULL address of the Company :mad:

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

So I take it as another UNENFORCEABLE CHARGE.

And Advice is to IGNORE

This is inside university grounds and ripping off students.

I can now advised them correctly.

What about ones that have already paid?

Can they claim back the money already paid?

Yes - unenforceable, ignore.

If you want money back you'd take the 'Enforcement Agency' AND the university to court. The university would be where you would send in the bailiffs if you won and didn't get paid (no assets in a PO Box).

The university where I work (Surrey) uses them as well, and they are lying buggers!

Got a "ticket" for not showing my permit, and was advised (by the university) that there was nothing I, or they, could do (despite the fact that they really wanted to help me, because they knew I had a permit)! They told me that it would be better to just pay it, before the charges went up.

They also have appauling clamping signs, that I am pretty sure are un-enforceable as well. They read

"No parking here (im paraphrasing a little) or we will clamp your car, and a fee will be required for its release" - end of sign, no other information regarding price, or how to contact them.

I love my workplace

*EDIT*

Oh yes, and I think the parking tickets they give are verging on fraud.

At the top of mine, it says (in big red letters) THIS DOCUMENT IS A PENALTY CHARGE. I am right in saying they cannot say this?

Edited by killerfridge

I am at Surrey so if you do need some help give is a shout, I thought the uni usually clamped these days though? The sports club I am in (Mountaineering) were talking about the clamps only last week. I might take some photos of the signs and post them up on Thursday :)

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Parkforce must be the joker in the pack.

Their system:

The client (Car park owners) buy a 'pack' from Parkforce. Then, the client issues tickets. yes, the client does and then forwards the offending details to parkforce who's legal team (stop it, my sides are aching:D) will persue the matter.

Now, here is where it all falls flat on its face.

Parkforce will obtain details from DVLA. Why and how? They have no dealing with the apparent offending car. This means in effect that I could get one of these packs. Issue tickets to anyone I do not like. Send details to the muppet show and they will get details illegally from DVLA?

I think there is one small matter of Data protection act here. You cannot conatct DVLA for details just because someone, who has no actual connection with your company, rings up and claims to have issued an unenforceable invoice to a victim.

Of course, the bottom line is that there is no charge. So, there is no payment. Muppets.

I am at Surrey so if you do need some help give is a shout, I thought the uni usually clamped these days though? The sports club I am in (Mountaineering) were talking about the clamps only last week. I might take some photos of the signs and post them up on Thursday :)

Well, from what I am aware of (from my old manager who used to work in the Uni security), they dont actually have any clamps anymore (although they used to). I could be wrong, but Im pretty certain they are just detterents.

And thanks to this site, my "Penatly Charge", and all accompanying letters, are being filed away under "Joke".

they can't spell their name properly either surely it should have an 'A' in it..........:rolleyes:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...