flybynite

firm closed down, my wages paid by cheque which bounced, need advice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

can anyone help, i worked for a cash and carry which last wednesday was shut down by customs and immigration. i had been paid by cheque the previous friday which has bounced. i have no idea how to get my money please help:(

Has the firm been placed into some sort of Insolvency i.e Liquidation or Administration? If so find out who the Insolvency Practitioner is and contact them. They will advise you how to claim any unpaid wages through the Govt. At the moment it is taking about 6 weeks for these payments to be made.

If your employer Company has not been placed into Liquidation or Administration what did C & I say? Or was it HMRC that closed it down?