Change House Ownership Joint to Single

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i brought a house with a friend 2 years ago and has now just lost his job so he is willing to let me have full rights to the house when the mortgage term runs out in may as we are on a tracker interest only so cheap as anything at the moment then when its up im gonna remortgage but was wondering what form i need to change the ownership i know its on the land registry site but not sure which form as theres loads.

Thanks J

I've been doing a bit of research on this for you and it appears that you can change the mortgage into a single name without any input to the land registry as it will not concern the lender.

However it's probably advisable to contact your lender in any case and ask them. If they do require that you change the land registry certificate you need forms TR1 and AP1, and you'll also need to pay a land registry fee based upon the value of the property and the outstanding mortgage amount. Your lender may offer to do this for a fee but it can be done 'DIY' if you prefer.

Hope this helps.