Annoyed at those ripping banks off.

Danny27404
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok i've heard the news listend to the chat shows and here is my conclusion. Swear all you want it makes sense.

Those making things worse for us are the following.

1. Greedy people claiming bank charge's when it was their fault they got charged.

2. People who kept on getting into debt when they knew they could not afford it. The banks shouldnt have to stop you YOU SHOULD STOP YOU.

3. Jobless and never had a job getting high interest rate loans that we the tax payer pay back for them.

4. £30 or £300 for going OD, not paying bills etc when it was your fault you agreed to it when you opened your BA. In europe you loose your account when you go OD think about that.

Now those who are redundent i feel sorry for its not your fault the above and the bankers spent to much money. But the help is out there most banks are been lienient on those who are redundent.

For those out of a job to long why? even if it means shoving crisps in a packet for minimum wage to help with money its better than nothing no? I've come accross a few sat at home saying there is no jobs what they mean is the job I WANT isnt there tough nothing is never gonna get better sat on your arse.

And yes i've never claimed one bank charge back because it was my fault. I've never looked for loop holes to end credit agreements Because i asked for the money to borrow and i pay it back at whatever APR.

PPI is different it should be refunded.

Stelthy interest and charges should be paid back also.

Keep trying to screw the banks and expect a account like Halifax and RBS now where you pay per day on what you BORROW!!! or worse it goes like europe 1 strike and your out. Keep it up because when it happens you'll all be wanting the old system back!!!

Those who genuinly cannot help their circumstance's because they got made redundent/company went bust this isnt aimed at you.

Probably notice the majority of people on this site ask for unjudging advice which they get. No one condones loop hole avoidance to just stop paying, there is more to it than that as in accounts passed to other agencies who have no right to collect in the first place and are less than reasonable with the oc just wiping their hands.

You will notice any posts stating how do I avoid repaying are given short thrift.

Hope you feel better by the way.

I don't work for a bank just your average worker... i just hear so much on the radio about it and ive spent all day going through different forums and the ammount of people looking to not pay if thier contract looks wrong or claw charges back for their mistake is out of order.

I've never been overcharged by banks..........but know they use underhand tactics which ensure that people go overdrawn and then hit them with loads of charges.

The fact is that the poorer people are the more they are hit by these charges and these can spiral out of control. The banks are greedy.

I'll second what has already been said, this site isn't about getting out of paying back money, it's about stopping banks charging what they want. How can they justify interest charges of 20 to 30% or charging £30.00 for a computerised letter.

I am not a greedy person, i am only claiming mine back because a Direct Debit was set up on my bank account and i didn't authorize it, Natwest then weren't any help.

(Please may i note that the DD was the cause of the charges i was then getting, Natwest acknowledge this)

Greedy consumers? What about the banks themselves? Threatening to quit their posts if big bonuses aren't paid out? Especially one like mine, where it is now owned by the tax payer themselves.

I totally disagree with this claim, but that is my opinion. !!

90DC you are right to claim it back though that was totally our of your controll.

Phillip When you open up your BA you agree to the terms like i said in europe you can loose your bank account the fine is a deterrant if we could go OD and pay 5 pound a month it would get abused because its only 5 pound you catch my drift more people will abuse than use properly and they do just go round every sub-forum and read what people put some need help allot are been greedy. The charge is not just for a letter is it you borrowed more than the agreed limit aside if they pushed you over for a minute the banks balance goes down even by £1 if 1000 do it thats £1000 lower for the day the bank needs to lend money to mortgage customers, loans etc when they run out we bail them out as whats just happend. Now when the bank push you over yes maybe the bank could wait till you have money but then again why was you so close to running out of money... like i said some people cannot help it legitimate reasons and they generally get money back streight away because its unusuall for them to go OD. Dont say they dont because they do 2 times in the last 3 years and got both charges back upon my apology.

Danny, what planet do you live on as it certainly isn't planet earth. Also thanks for insulting me by slanging me and others in a smilar situation through no fault of our own. Why don't you travel and go to that very hot place?

Danny27404,

I have to say you really haven't got a clue!

Halifax have charged me a fortune this year NOT to pay a direct debit on numerous occassions. At no time have I ever used any monies that did not belong to me. £39 (Latterly £35.00) a 'pop' and I didn't even get a letter from them as I have online statements/letters, the route problem - an employer who failed to pay me on time due to cashflow problems, that business is now 'bust' and I'm out of a job! Charges are applied and then the whole situation snowballs. I am not justifying myself to you, purely demonstrating the reality of unscrupulous bankers. You have fallen for the deceit perpetrated by the banks, the shameful obnoxious 'mouthpiece' of the British Bankers Association and the naivety of the Office of Fair Trading. I suggest that you do some research before you start 'casting stones', I'm sure that I am one of hundreds of thousands who have suffered at the hands of the sharks that form the UK Clearing Banks.

As for 'Annoyed at those ripping banks off', I hope that you never have misfortune in your life whereby you literally end up, at the end of your tether!

Helford read what i actually put its not those who cant help it due to loosing jobs etc its those who devote thier life to borrowing more than they can afford those ones who have never had a job and borrow or those who now look for any excuse to get at the banks for thier mistakes in life. Helford this wa not aimed at you. I'm going to re read what i origionally put and if i have not made it clear enough i apologise to anyone.

But the point is its the others and those who are taking chances to make a few extra quid or totally get out of loan contracts that will screw us all over like i said.

Halifax and RBS now charge on a daily basis for been OD for now we can move to another bank but trust me the others will follow suit.

Loans will be harder to obtain for those in the not so great but nearly there catagory because the companies will only lend to those who pay back and not try to rip them off.

Danny27404,

You stated "The charge is not just for a letter is it you borrowed more than the agreed limit aside if they pushed you over for a minute the banks balance goes down even by £1 if 1000 do it thats £1000 lower for the day the bank needs to lend money to mortgage customers, loans etc when they run out we bail them out as whats just happend."

This is a blatant untruth! The banks charge NOT to pay an item so your whole argument is blown out the water!

I will not waste my time with you anymore.

1. Greedy people claiming bank charge's when it was their fault they got charged.

2. People who kept on getting into debt when they knew they could not afford it. The banks shouldnt have to stop you YOU SHOULD STOP YOU.

Where do I start with this black and white view?

Lets try number 2.

Six years ago I went £3 overdrawn, probably my mistake when I was budgeting I can't remember. When I realised I phoned my bank up and asked them to overlook it as I had not been overdrawn EVER with them before then, they told me to take a running jump. Promptly a £35 charge (was never notified as to when the charges were coming out of my account) was taken out of my account sending me overdrawn, direct debits went out and bounced I got charged £35 each for these, I think it was 7 in all that all went out the day after my payday (£245 in charges), then another charge for being overdrawn. I had to cancel my DDs as I knew that the next month I wouldn't have the money in the bank to pay for them, I got paid, all the charges got taken out so I was £250 short of my budget, started to slide into debt as nobody would take a smaller payment for me to play catch up. This with my hubbys bills at work (he ran his own business at that time and bringing hardly anything home) almost destroyed my life. In a nutshell a few years later, due to DEBT that all arose from this £3 we had to sell the house! The irony is, I could have held up a bank, robbed thousands and be out now spending my swag :lol:

The banks shouldnt have to stop you YOU SHOULD STOP YOU - So how could I have done this with the above senario? Stopped eating for a month? Turned the electricity off for a few months? Maybe stopped buying nappies for my baby (I really enjoyed going back to work 3 weeks after I had him as I could not afford to take a drop in my pay, evening work mind, wouldn't do to have to PAY MONEY for childcare now would it)

1. Greedy people claiming bank charge's when it was their fault they got charged - You're damned right I did, and I'll tell you something else, I came on here and laughed at them everytime they tried to settle for less, I'm one of the VERY greedy ones that would have gone to court if they hadn't settled for EVERY SINGLE PENNY I was claiming for!

So you see, although you may be perfect yourself, I was not, I missed £3 off my budget, phoned the bank the day after and it cost me a lot thanks to their understanding lovely staff. According to your tarred brush, I am a whinging scrounger who deserved everything I got, of course I forgot about the money tree in my garden, how silly of me. At least you have the comfort of knowing that should you ever find yourself in financial difficulty, your rose tinted glasses should sell for quite a bit on ebay.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Well said 389. Our overdraft got cancelled on th 1st of the month without any notice resulting in several DDs bouncing and 3 or 4 standing orders. Tally to the bank was in excess of £400. They re-instated my overdraft but would not budge on the charges. Three months later just as we were recovering I accidentally went £2.60 over my limit and again they did exactly the same thing and once again we ended up with over £400 of charges. All in all over £800 in charges in the space of three months. We moved to another bank and have never gone overdrawn in the past 18 months.

It's terrible, if only flogging was legal I think I would find myself a new hobby lol :D

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

What an ideal world you live in Danny never having made any financial mis-calculations, always being employed & god forbid, never ever in debt to anybody.

So what would you say if you walked a mile in my shoes I wonder.

1yr ago, my business was thriving & we were financially sound. Then came the biggest recession this millenium & our business is now no more, we have possession proceedings being brought against us for our home, court claims for unpaid debts & on top of that my disability has been confirmed as never ever going to be resolved.

Your over-simplistic view does not allow for clearly greedy institutions who only want the money but without taking responsibility for mistakes they made when contracts being agreed ie mis-sold PPI etc.

BTW - which bank a/c is available for those of us who object to the standard T's & C's such as charges? I & millions more would love to know the answer to this particular question.

A FAIR system for both supplier & consumer is never going to exist & if you truly believe it does, then I pity you but I will never bow down to you & your sanctimonious beliefs.

Edited by mkb

I have sympathy with a couple of people who posted, 389 and MKB.

I will add my story now, as i think it's relevant.

My partner fell pregnant in November last year (Our second child), i lost my job in January and as a result, fell behind with payments on my house and lost that too... Lost everything... Now, if i hadn't have been charged so much by the bank (Started as an unauthorised DD, ran into over £800) i would definately have still been living in my own house, and wouldn't have ran up £2000 worth of debt on unpaid bills etc (All DD's). It's quite hard to explain the whole story but the basis is, i was financially secure, my only problem was i never checked my bank account, and because of illegal activity on my account, and then the bank charging my account, i was screwed over.

As it stands, no mortgage, no job, spent two months living in a hostel, a further six weeks in temporary accomodation and now i am stuck in a council house, with two kids, no income to support these and not really much of a prospect. Desperate to get back into work, but started college in September this year.

Okay, you can argue that my problem started because of the reasons why i lost my job, which was a lay-off due to company going bust, which wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the bankers that the banks rely on anyway, if they hadn't have invested all their money in Icelandic banks, i will have been fine.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense or if it offends anybody... At the end of the day, i turn 20 next month, and when the default on my bank account expires in six years (Ish) time... I will be ready to restart my life.

That's a moan, it's reasons like mine that people claim money back, and it's hearing that bankers are moaning about bonuses that makes my blood boil.

I feel alot better now it's out.

I am currently having some serious financial problems. I work as a fee paid professional in the very precarious field of childcare. I work with some of the most damaged children in society and the risk of an allegation is very high. I was the subject of an allegation in 2007 and although the subsequent enquiry found there was no case to answer my family suffered emotionally and also financially. During the legislative proceedure that followed I was prevented from working for a period of 15 months. This meant we used up all of our savings and when they were gone we used our overdrafts on 2 accounts and maxed our 2 credit cards. We have for the past 12 months been repaying missed payments on our mortgage and a loan, plus paying as much as possible off out credit cards. Our credit rating has crashed, we have paid over £200 a month in charges on our overdraft. When this first occured I went to my local HSBC branch and explained the situation within a week of the allegation. I explained to the bank (we have banked wth them for 20 years) what was likely to transpire and the expected timescale. I asked what help, if any they could offer. The bank representative then spent 40 minutes trying to get me to change my household insurance to them in order to save £42 a year. We faced a loss of income of £45,000 pa and that was the best they could offer. I have now received a letter saying that our overdraft facility is to be removed, yesterday. The date given for the o/d to expire was the day before the date of the letter. Following the investigation I was offered a new contract which has resulted in a 20% increase in salary and so we had made some progress financially but now we have to find £7000 from somewhere in the next week.