VT'd my car. Welcome want 200 / month ? I lol'd

Jimmy Saville
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys!

I VT'd my car last week and have got the liability through to the tune of 2k! :mad:

Now, before I VT'd it.. I had sent off to claim mis-sold PPI!

After I VT'd the car, the Welcum people sent me a letter saying my case was still being looked into (now past the 8 week deadline) advising me that I can goto the FO to escalate it!

The 2k includes the liability for the PPI plus the shortfall for the 50% mark allowing me to VT it with no moneys to pay!

My original payment on the monthly was 200 to pay for the car. I couldnt afford it no longer which is why i VT'd the car in the first place.

But welcome decided that theydont give a **** about that and still want 200 per month?

The woman that called me said (and yes, I quote) "You must pay £200 every month untill it is cleared or you will end up in court and can even be put in jail"

Shocking huh? Its news to me that I can be jailed for not paying Welcome. Not paying court fines could end you up in jail for like a week but not welcome stupid finance!

Anyhoo.. blab blab

I would like to know what to do about the PPI issue? Can I still persue a refund for mis-sold PPI even although I have VT'd the vehicle?

What do I do? Not pay welcome till I get a refund or atleast get word on a final decision?

Thanks, jim

ps. I COULD afford the 200 per month if I really tried but I dont wanna work for nothing for the next 10 months like I have for the past 2 years lol. But WF want me to go in with all income+outgoings. So if they look at my stuff theywill see that I could afford it with pennys to spare!

I am VT'ing my car next week prv post done this morning. You will not goto jail for not paying 200 pcm from what i have seen spending all day on this site, you will need a new agreement, and best advice i ever got after partners debt from local court was get Standing order details and pay them yourself every week/month apparently they cannot have you in court if you still pay them money.

You can provide them with ingoings and outgoings but leave that for the courts.... tell them that court would give them less if they wish to go that way normally works lol :D parnter was in serious debt and i found simple things like that go a long way. When my car goes back i expect them to give me a bill but i will be pointing out to them that i had to refinance because they was to expensive and because of that they get the change. :D

Edited by Danny27404
addition

post i just done mine today and well it seems they take the insurance's off the money you owe look at how far off the 50% mark you are and you pay the difference+interest. I'm waiting for the letter 2 days yet. Jimmy will have got one if they already got his car.

Phone call started Hello mr Danny.. why do you want to leave us what can we do etc etc. You do realise you owe us 10,200 dont you i said no i owe you 7,820 the hand in is 5,976.18 with no repercusions and the insurance is 1,621.32 and i am claiming that back becsue it only covers me if my engine blows up. so i estimate i owe you 222.50. Let me get your contract here... on hold..... i'll ring you back in a few days i said you cant find it can you.... yes yes i have i here... ok well i'll be in touch with nottingham to claim that insurance back seen as its a siter company should not be a problem. No we use nowich union i said no its mechanical breakdown belongs to you welcome finance or cattle if you like... you have been doing your reserch aint you.... yes i have.... there is allot of claims for insurance going back to customers.. i'll speak to you in a few days.

The way I read it is this:

I had to pay 3502.80 to my agreement before I could VT without paying anymore!

I did not know that Insurance + Car were different payments?

So looks like some money every month goes to insurance and some goes to car?

"Goods" Looks then that im 785.24 short of the 50% mark (for the car) plus arrears of 1 payment £201.39 giving a total of 986.63

"Insurance" I had GAP + PPI. Looks like im liable for the rest of that :mad: less what ive already paid.

I think seperate liabilitys are simply

[a] 1130.93 (insurance less what ive already paid - rebates)

Shortfall + arrears for 50%

It was 3502.80 its also on the picture I posted, the first figure in the lines.

I reckoned I had paid over that, which I have technically as ive paid in total > 3745.06?

But they took insurance off that total figure? So its left me with only paid 2717.56 to the car part? :(

Now You Have To Stay With Me Now

Do You Have A Statement Of Price On The Insurance Crap

Thats A Document Which Will Tell You How Much The Insurance Crap Realy Does Cost

Leave That For A Mo

On Your Agreement, How Much Have They Charged For The Ppi

Welcome financial services

Compliance

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

PRINT NAME

[name]

SEND THE ABOVE RECORDED DELIEVERY WITH A TEN QUID POSTAL ORDER

IN THE MORNING, PHONE THESE PEOPLE

Direct Group - Where Insurance and Innovation Combine - Home Page

THEY ARE WELCOMES PARTNER IN CRIME

ASK THEM TO SEND ALL INSURANCE DETAILS THEY HAVE ON YOU

I Would Phone Them And Say You Have Sent A Letter To Compliance And That You Are Putting The Account Into Dispute Until They Comply

Give Them The Recorded Delievery Number

Dont Get Into Conversation With Them

Its For Your Protection,

Hold on a sec, why should you be liable for the rest of the insurance? if you cancel a normal insurance policy such as car or even PPI, you may lose a month or two but should not be liable for the rest.

The VT amount figure is usually half the Goods value. The insurance should not come into play at all.

plus I would defo make a claim for mis-sold insurances and claim back what you have already paid to them, defo for the PPI.

if need be, do this and offer to offset the outstanding amount.

But dont do anything until you have done what Post says....hes the smart one on Welcome!! :)

You Seem To Be Reading My Mind Dibbothe:grin::grin:

fortunately one of my clients is an IFA so I know a bit about how the insurances work.

If Welcome pay the lump sum at the start of the policy, which the wording of the insurance T&C that I have for mine indicate, then Welcome will get a refund which should then be passed to the customer. Welcome will also have a clawback of commission paid on the policy proportionate to the premium refunded or to the % as determined by the provider.

Therefore if Welcome are trying to impose the balance of the insurances on the customer, this is wrong and they are lining their pockets!!

Seeing as Welcome take money of the customer on a monthly basis, then no extra monies are due as Welcome get the refund to that they are not out of pocket except for the commission reclaimed!

hope that makes sense

but at the start do welcome pass on the full policy cost to direct group being the policy is front loaded, but still charge the customer full whack

thats another story though

now the commission on the policy being sold will be claimed back, guess who to

WELCOME ELITE BROKERS

it stinks