Help:- Is there a minimum recording time needed on CCTV to issue PCN?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

My company recieved a PCN for a one of their vans for being parked in a bus stop.

First of all is there any restricitions on parking in bus stops between certain times etc or is it just a complete no go??

Also is there a minimum time that the "Roadside Realtime CCTV camera" has to be recording for before they can issue a PCN? Surely there must be as it may take the driver a few seconds etc to realise they cant stop there and "view the sign" to find out if they can park further down on yellow lines etc. Any help is much appreciated. Many thanks.

James

If it's a contravention of a "Bus Stop Clearway" as far as I know that is an instant contravention and no observation time is required.

The camera images are watched in real-time rather than recorded and viewed back.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

The markings are designed to avoid the need to stop, the yellow cage and broad yellow line at the kerb combined with 'bus stop' in big yellow letters does not need to be viewed whilst stationary. As bernie has stated it is a 'no stopping' restriction as long as the footage is long enough to view the vehicle stopped that is sufficient.

If it's a contravention of a "Bus Stop Clearway" as far as I know that is an instant contravention and no observation time is required.

The camera images are watched in real-time rather than recorded and viewed back.

Thats not strictly true the contravention is viewed in 'real time' but the tape is reviewed and the PCN issued at a later stage.

Ok thanks for the reply people. Does it make a difference if the driver was still in the van and didnt leave it?? I understand its his own stupidity that has got him here (our company makes you pay the pcn) but didnt know if there was anything we could do to get out of it

Ok thanks for the reply people. Does it make a difference if the driver was still in the van and didnt leave it?? I understand its his own stupidity that has got him here (our company makes you pay the pcn) but didnt know if there was anything we could do to get out of it

Not if the contravention is "stopping".

Might be worth posting an image of the PCN as there still could be defects (although they are less common now than in the past).

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Cant really get an image up as they are only small on the letter sent and cant blow them up as you loose the quality. You say "defects", do you mean maybe if one set of wheels are out of the box etc. He was parked in the back end of the bus stop area if that helps

Cant really get an image up as they are only small on the letter sent and cant blow them up as you loose the quality. You say "defects", do you mean maybe if one set of wheels are out of the box etc. He was parked in the back end of the bus stop area if that helps

No, Bernie means an image of the whole PCN, not just the photo of the van. The "defects" he is referring to again, apply to the whole PCN. For example, they may not have correctly stated the time you are allowed to appeal from date of contravention, so we need to see all the wording on the PCN.