out of debt

Vodafone - Ex Singlepoint DEFAULT ***Complaint resolved***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3598 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I hope someone can help me?

I had a period of bad debts and got myself an IVA - I completed my IVA over 2 years ago ;0) Yes I did it - I got out of debt. Since then, I have kept my finances in order - paid my Orange mobile contract direct debit every month, and I have no other outgoings at all, as live at home with parents.

I thought I would treat myself to a new car, seeing as now I am totally in control of my finances and learned my lesson the hard way. I have had no credit for over 7 years as whilst you have an IVA you dont get credit. So, I checked my credit report (which you should do before applying I was told) and found that Vodafone ex singlepoint had me down for a defaulted account!! I am utterly gobsmacked. I opened my account in 2002, and although I had a small dispute with them (as I refused to pay the bill they sent me as it was the wrong one), we eventually sorted this out and I paid my account and closed it.

However, they have actually put my account entry as a default on Experian and Equifax reports. I have called Vodfone 4 times this week - first time the lady (Suzanne) said she cannto find anything on file for me, as the account is old, and that its up to the credit agencies to get this off - I said its not, Vodafone should write to Experian and Equifax to get this removed and then she hung up on me. The second time (Steve) also said he could not find my file, and it must have been taken out the system when they updated their system in January and he also "accidentally" hung up on me, when I asked for the manager.

So, I rang back again, (and will keep doing so every day, until I get this sorted), and spoke to Daniel. Daniel advised me that because I dont have my old mobile phone number or account number (lets face it who does from 2002), there is nothing he can do to help me.

I explained to him, that this would stay on my file if they do not write and get this removed. He advised me that he would speak to Quality Assurance and see what they can do. I rang back again and got Quality Assurance fax number and address,. and have faxed them and posted them a letter today to ask that this gets removed.

I am so very angry, as I have cleared all my debt from years ago and thought that their would be nothing on my file -I never ever had any default notices or CCJ's sent to me by anyone, and I cannot believe they have marked this down as a default.

As anyone else had the same problem with Vodafone ex singlepoint? And does anyone know what happens if they still cant find my file - I am very worried that they cannot find my file.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thank you

Out of Debt - paid off £38,821.00 - YOU CAN DO IT

Bank Charges claimed: £680- from RBS

Bank Charge still in progress: Barclays

you need to send each of the credit reference agencies an online dispute

they will contact vodaphone

if they dont reply or vodaphone cant coonfirm the default

the credit agencies will deleate the info after 28 days

whats the date of the default on your credit file

Thank you - I have telephoned both agencies and asked them to issue a notice on my file. I also asked them to contact Vodafone.

This is how my erntry reads:

Company Name: Vodafone Ex Singlepoint

Account type: Communications

Started: 29/08/2002

Default Balance: £100

Current Balance: Satisfied

Defaulted on: 29/10/2006

File updated for the period to: 10/06/2007

Stauts History: 8

That would mean they would not remove it until 2012 - and I didnt even default!

The agencies told me that they cant remove it without Vodafone saying so.

Hi out of debt,

While I can't guarantee being able to arrange for the default to be removed I would like to take a look at this for you to what's happened and what can be done to help you further.

In order to get in touch with the Web Relations Team with your details could you send us an email by following the instructions in our pinned thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html.

Although you may not have the mobile number relating to the account I should be to track the account down from the address it was registered to.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

HI Lee

Many thanks for your reply - I really appreciate your help and assitance in this matter.

I have managed to find an account number: 31665098 and I really hope you help me get this resolved immediately. I never got sent any default notice whatsoever, and had no clue about this. I did settle the account and at the time it was all over a dispute on the cost of my bill.

I will follow your link as you suggested right away and I hope someone can help me.

Thank you once again for your reply

I look forward to hearing from you or your team shortly.

Kind Regards

Edited by out of debt

Hi Faye,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Although the account number looks to have a digit missing I'll try to locate your account from your name.

If I can't I'll look out for your email and will come back to you as quickly as I can.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thank you very much Lee. This is the account number that a genlteman called Daniel gave me - he couldnt find my account at first, but did veentually and told me this was the account number. I think it is because my account is so old - an ex singlepoint account he said it was on an old system as I opened the account in 2002.

Do you want the address I lived at at that time? Or the postcode? If so, can I call you to give you this information or can you call me? Or can I fax/email you the information?

Thanks again for your help - you are extremley helpful and very easy to cmmunicate with.

Kind Regards

Edited by out of debt

Lee: if its any use heres a reference I had from Vodfone webform: WRT135 [#1695756]

Hi Faye,

I've just seen that a colleague of mine has replied to your email letting you know what's happening and as soon as we have an update we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thank you very much Lee - Yes Kay has kindly responded to my email. I have found yourself and Kay very very helpful, and I would like to send a letter to your manager to let them know you both have helped me and kept in contact - you two are the only ones who I have helped me, and I am very grateful. If you want to send me your addresses for your managers I will happily send a letter to advise them of your continued help and assitance.

Kind Regards

i mentioned before about vodaphone monitoring the vodaphone threads

i said then its a joy to have dedicated people resolving complaints rather than automated robots

hats off again vodaphone

other big companies need to do the same

Thank you very much Lee - Yes Kay has kindly responded to my email. I have found yourself and Kay very very helpful, and I would like to send a letter to your manager to let them know you both have helped me and kept in contact - you two are the only ones who I have helped me, and I am very grateful. If you want to send me your addresses for your managers I will happily send a letter to advise them of your continued help and assitance.

Kind Regards

You're welcome Faye.

I'm pleased that we've been able to get things looked into a little quicker so that we can get to the bottom of this for you.

As you've very kindly offered to let our manager know what a great job we've done so far I'll send you a PM with his email address so you can send it to him directly.

Thanks very much - it is appreciated.

i mentioned before about vodaphone monitoring the vodaphone threads

i said then its a joy to have dedicated people resolving complaints rather than automated robots

hats off again vodaphone

other big companies need to do the same

Thanks postggj for the glowing endorsement of the work we're doing on CAG.

We aim to please where we can.

All the best.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• Haha 1

Yes - although my issue is not yet resolve Lee has been very efficient in helping me.

cag is normally the last resort for people who have been stone walled,

thats all we ask,

complaints to be delt with by human beings and not automated actions

vodaphone has taken the lead in this

all the other regular companies on cag need to do the same instead of hiding behind corporate sensativity crap

I would just like to add that Lee got my default removed and my 3 payments late removed. Thank you to Lee for all your kind help in resolving my issue.

Thanks