BARFLY

Cab Fees Be Added To A Default Amount?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just A Quick One. When A Creditor Serves A Default Notice Can They Add Any Further Fees To That Amount When They Continue To Court. For Example, Can They Send A Default Notice For Say, One Thousand Pounds, And Then Increase The Amount To One Thousand And Twelve Pounds Because Of The Default Fee?

Thanks

if the account is still with the original creditor then yes they can i believe. but if the account has been sold to a dca, then that would mean the agreement has been terminated by the creditor so they would no longer be an agreement in place to allow them to add further fees to the account.

If you can give us more details as to who the creditor was what the agreement was i.e credit card, and who it is that is now chasing you for the debt. Also details of when you recieved the written default notice the date it was written and date in which you had to remedie the breach by paying the arrears (default notices can only demand payment of arrears). then we can go from there.

Have you CCA and subject access request the creditor or dca that is chasing you if not i would do that right now too.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.