• Tweets

• Dear Man in The Middle   Actually I should be thanking you   I have been impressed by your kindness your professionalism and your prompt reply   I very much thankyou for your thorough reading through my case and pin pointing every point   I was thinking of appealing the fine aspect of the sentence but you have made everything much clearer and it makes me feel better     Cant thank you enough for being so helpful and may you be blessed
    • HB.    What's wrong with" Girl done good"?  Not tripped over one of those politically correctness bumps have I.    We say, " boy done well or good", dont we? perhaps, well I do. Oh dear.   Apologies wherever necessary.
    • Hi    yes i already have -    the agreement  Notice of assignment  statement - but not fo complete period  2006-2016, and this is just printed on plain paper      So i will just request the Default notice and full statement on the CPR Form 
    • Thanks for the feedback. A couple of comments:   1. Before Magistrates arrive at court they have no idea what sort of offences they will be dealing with or who they will be dealing with.  They are given a list of defendants and the charges against them on arrival and that's it. Their Legal Advisor (the person sitting in front of them and facing the court) runs through that list before the court begins, but only to point out anything unusual or anything in particular they need to know. In a traffic court there is not usually anything to tell them. They have no papers given to them about any of their cases (except occasionally when dealing with trials or probation reports) until the case is called on. They rely on being provided with any papers they need by either the prosecutor or their Legal Advisor..   2. Your fine is based on your weekly net income and no account of expenditure is normally taken. It is asked for so that, should the defendant ask to pay in instalments, some idea of how much per week or month he can realistically afford can be gained. Actually, your fine was not harsh. On the contrary you were treated rather leniently. The guideline fine for 76 in a 50 is one and a half week's net income. £6,200 pcm is £1,430 pw. So your fine should have been £2,145. Your guilty plea would knock it back to £1,430 - one week's net income, as I mentioned in an earlier post. In addition to that you would pay £143 in the form of a "Victim Surcharge" and £85 towards prosecution costs - so £1,658 in total. Had you pleaded Not Guilty and been found guilty at trial (a near certainty from what I remember you told us) not only would you have lost the discount on your fine but you would also have paid £620 prosecution costs. A conviction following a trial should have cost you £2,145 (Fine) + £170 (VS) + £620 (Costs) which equals £2,935 (the maximum Victim Surcharge for offences committed before 28/6/19 is £170).   Other than that I'm not surprised they asked why you would prefer a ban instead of points and even less surprised that they chose points over a ban. I doubt your presence made any difference at all (which, again, I suggested earlier that it probably would not). Sentencing for speeding is very prescriptive and there is rarely any mitigation or other factors surrounding the offence or the offender which would significantly influence the outcome. Speeding becomes a very expensive business when cases come to court, especially for those on high incomes and very often a "view" is taken by the Magistrates that the calculated fine is a "bit steep". That's probably why you were cut some slack.   One other point which will probably upset you more than help (but which I think it is important you are aware of). Had your recorded speed been just one mph lower you would almost certainly have been offered a fixed penalty (FP) of £100 and three points. FPs are normally offered up to 49mph in a 30 limit, 65 in a 40, 75 in a 50, 85 in a 60 and 95 in a 70.   Thanks again for the feedback.
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3634 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Is it my local councillor or MP that I need to write to, to try and get the council to take the account back on?

Many Thanks

What has happenned ?

I hate bailiffs. Let me know if you have had a problem with them. I am sure i could upset them.

I now have experience with Securitas Security Services (UK) Limited and won in court against them 01/2018

I have posted all details in November, but briefly, we have two outstanding bills, one for approx. £1000 and the other for £1500. The first one has now gone back to Court aparently and the bailiff threatened that would put my husband in jail, however I have been reassured that it wont happen, as its not that we wont pay, we cant pay. For the second one I sent all the paperwork backto Rossendales and asked if we could make repayments at £20.00 per week, they refused and said we had to pay £500.00 per month for three months. Our incomings at the moment are £520.00 Tax credits, £120.00 Child benefit, £600.00 student nurse bursary and my husband is a self employed window cleaner and bringing approx £800.00 if the weather is good.(all monthly) OUr rent alone is £650.00 and we spend about £550.00/£600 month shopping, petrol to get me to Uni or placement and my husband on his round is about £200.00 monthly.....Then there is all the other bills, I am sure you can see where this is going:( I qualify in 5 months so will hopefully get a staff nurse position then at which time we can afford to start paying more off our bills and debts. My husband had some time off work after having an operation, self employed = no money coming in from him andbasicallys its all got out of control since then. I am not blaming anyone for this situation except ourselves....

Anyway the second bailiff from Rossendales has been round again today, with a notice through the door that says he will be coming back in 24 hours to take our stuff. I emailed the council back in November and have spoke to them basically they were not interested in taking it back. All i want to do is start paying some off this debt and then up the payments when i get a job next May.

I know I read somewhere that sometimes MP or Councillor can help.

I am studying to be a mental health nurse but i think it will be that needs help by the time i qualify!! Christmas is a couple of weeks away and I have not bought a single thing for my kids, with no prospect of being able to do so.... I am so desperate that I used our last £50.00 yesterday paying a loan broker to try and find us a loan to clear it all up, we are also behing with rent as we missed a couple of payments when husband was off sick! Sorry for the huge message, it kind of helps to get it all written down.

Thanks again

Further to the above I have just looked at the piece of paper the bailiff from Rossendales left, the amount is written in pencil :) classy! But I have just noticed that this call is for the first account that the last bailliff said he was passing back to the court. Is the WPO still in force? It was dated 7 September 2009. He has added 30.00 for knocking at my door, which I am not convinced he did as my dogs normally bark for ever when someone is at the door and there was none of that this morning. It is now in the hands of a Mr Chapman? no first name so cant check whether he is registered. So i am confused as to why they have not passed back to the court, we still have no means to pay this bill and we didnt agree a payment plan on this one. Sorry if my situation is confusing!