Fuzzyvision

Linked address and Fraudulent information re:Egg

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

Looking for advise as this is now starting to get at me somewhat.

In May I took out The Experian free trial and to my horror saw a Default from 2005 from Capquest.

After requesting the information from Capquest I found it was for an Egg loan that was taken in my name in 2003 but not from my address, I am still fighting this as Capquest are refusing to remove it despite me proving my residence and my signature etc.

Anyway, Today i though I would check one of the others and took out the equifax report, this had even more activity from the erroneous address (some 250 miles away) and this actually has 2 CCJ's against it for 2 egg credit cards??!!!

I have notified the CRA's however all they advise is they will contact the creditors?!

Is there nowhere I can go to to force the removal from my file?

Im sure this is either someone with a same name the DCA's have linked or fraud, Trying to sort out Capquest has already taken 6 months this is just a bloody nightmare.

Any advise would be really appreciated

Fuzzy

Not sure if you are the victim of mistaken identity pursuit or identity stolen. Others have been in your situation, so you might as well assimilate their hard-won experience.

Click SEARCH on the blue bar on the top of screen,

Click ADVANCED SEARCH

Input MISTAKEN IDENTITY as search key, select from dropdown box "search in thread title"

Press SEARCH NOW.

Quite a few threads of interest.

Good luck. icon12.gif