Ruthbridge - chasing debt - Threatening Bankruptcy!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone can help..... I hope so!

About 6/7 years ago I brought a van from Ford, about 1 year later I couldn't manage the payments so the van was repossessed. I haven't thought anything of it since.

At the beginning of the Nov, I have a company called Ruthbridge stating I owe £3522.00, they say its the interest on the original loan, they are now saying I have a couple of days to pay or they are going to bankrupt me!!

I really don't know what is going on, I have just written them a letter saying I want to see all the original paperwork, but I have a funny feeling I wont see anything. They are so so rude!! The 'account manager' Brian Blair is the most obnoxious t**ser I have ever had to deal with, and still can't get over how how thratened and abussed me on the phone.

But what do I do? Should I pay these people or tell them where to go??

Hi,

Bookmark this page as you may need the letters in the future.

The letter to send is number 18;

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Don't sign it and send it recorded delivery.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Don't pay them anything. Wait to see what they come up with in reply to your letter that you want to see proof of the alleged debt and as above NEVER speak to them on the phone so you have a paper trail of everything and so they cannot abuse you and bully you into paying, as the thing you spole to has already tried to so. Ruthbridge are the worst of the worst in terms of vile behaviour out of the gutter. If they threatened to bankrupt you in writing without proving the alleged debt, complain to the OFT as it is a breach of their guidelines. Every report is a nail in their coffin and right now their licence is being considered - it has been for the past 6 months. Your report could do them some damage, just as they tried to cause you damage.

Did Ruthbridge, in their letter threatning to bankrupt you, also offer you a "substantial discount"? I bet they did! Its a standard letter from a desperate company looking or any cash from under any stone. Ignore them and they will go away but consider making a complaint about their vile threats to the OFT who are currenly considering whether they are a fit company to hold a consumer credit licence. This expired in June and has yet to be re-issued.

Ruthbridge, make me laugh so much I do a little squirt of wee in my Y-fronts every time I here their name.:lol:

It would make my day if they bought my 'alleged' debt from smellyfax, I've already got Muckyhall trying to chase me for a CC.:grin:

It will almost certainly be unenforceable, I am thinking that this is near to being SB?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I cant halp you or give advice as Im a newbee but would like to say that there are many here who can.

Ive just been stung by Ruthbridge, i have been following the advice given to me and everything I have been told has come true.

Keep coming back I thought I was going to have take another walk through HELL with Rudebrige but the people on this site have been extreamly supportive, I feel as if I have a fighting chance.

Thanks everyone..

Thanks so far guys, but I need more help.

I sent letter 18 and today I had a voicemail from them stating they recieved the letter but its not legal as its a 'template letter from the internet'

They say I have confirmed my debt on the phone (they recon the have recorded conversations) and last payment was in Aug 2005 (which It hink it may well be, but not 100% sure). The man on the phone said that they are going to bankrupt me and are recomending a vistation to my address. I haven't had anything in writing, just this phone call. What do I do next?

Thanks so far guys.

Wayne

I sent letter 18 and today I had a voicemail from them stating they recieved the letter but its not legal as its a 'template letter from the internet'

Complete and utter rubbish! At least they have kindly confirmed they are in receipt of your letter and are not prepared to act on it.

They say I have confirmed my debt on the phone (they reckon the have recorded conversations)

Did you? You can easily call their bluff here by sending a SAR to find out if they have indeed got you recorded admitting the debt. Another classic reason for never ever talking to these vultures over the phone.

The man on the phone said that they are going to bankrupt me and are recommending a visitation to my address.

All hot air, another threat monkey that was bullied at school, bet they won't have recorded that conversation!

Any knuckle head knocking on your door attempting to collect money from you should be told to Foxtrot Oscar, and if they fail to leave or even sit outside your house in a car, you must call the Police and inform them that someone is sat outside watching your house, after knocking your door and asking you for money.

As for Bankruptcy, that is the first threat any immature threat monkey likes to make over the phone, it's just to intimidate and exploit your lack of knowledge.

you MUST STOP talking to them over the phone, unless you are able to record your phone calls.

Keep everything in writing, and in the event of some knuckle dragging monkey turning up at your door, follow the following advice, and print off the letter template from the link below.

Give them the template letter linked below through the letterbox or chained door.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...ep-visit-.html

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Funny how their template letters are all over the internet, I've used that on somebody as well recently... shut them up straight away.

Ruthbridge and their other sidekicks HFO Services, Fredricksons and Bryan Carter are all wind and no backup... if they say you have sent an 'illegal' letter then send them this.

"Dear Idiots

I do not acknowledge any alleged debt to your company or your alleged clients

Please provide proof of any alleged payment to the account at your earliest convenience so I can ascertain my alleged liability to you.

Go forth and do not multiply thy bonus and commission payments.

Yep, if they have received your letter, wait until they 'prove' you owe this debt.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have an update!

I had Mr Blair on the phone again this morning, again threatening bankruptcy and visitations, they have not replied to my original letter asking for evidence that I owe any money.

So what do we think my next step should be?

Again thanks so much for all of your help.

Regards

Laugh at him and put the phone down!

Why are you entertaining them on the phone? Are you recording the calls and getting evidence of their bullying and threats?

Don't speak to them on the phone at all. They are bullies of the worst water and won't bother what you say on the phone - they will just call you back and the more you answer, the more they will call back. Tell them everything in writing by letter.

I answered and told him i'm only dealing via letter and hung up, he left a voice mail, if I can some how get it off my phone I will, its quite laughable, threatening bankruptcy, my other halfs name came up and again stated that 'template letters' from the internet are not legal.

That would be great if you can get that recording off your phone??

Just trying to think how you might be able to do it?

Dictaphone?

Anyway, if they keep saying template letters are not legal, thank them for their confirmation that the matter is now closed, and that you will be more than happy to show any court evidence that they will not correspond with you because they think your letters are templates of the internet.

And then thank him for his template letter, sad lonely man.

Boo;)