Tinab35

Debt letters for previous tenants

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I moved into a new property in July, it used to be a bail hostel. Any way I have lots and lots of letters coming through the door for various people and some for tenant, I opened this one thinking it was for me and it said we are looking for Mr Blah Blah, of he no longer resides at this address please send your tenancy aggrement with a signed statement (Ididn't). Now another has arrived saying that they are going to send a doorstep collector, Im worried as I am a single parent and I already have dealings with debt agencies which I am trying to sort out. They have no legal right to come into my home do they? and forcing me to show them my tenancy.

They have no legal rights whatsoever. From now on write not at this address on them and chuck them in a post box.

Or open them all and e-mail everyone of them to say the same thing

I still get letters for people thraetening all sorts of things, nothing has ever happened and I've lived here for 7 years.

No, they have no right to approach you on anything that has nothing to do with you and you don't have to send them anything. Mark all these letters "Not known at this address" and return them. If anyone does come to the door, which is highly unlikely, tell them they have 30 seconds to get off your property or you will call the police - they are trespassing

Hi,

In the unlikely event of anyone turning up either tell them to bugger off or you'll call the police or point him to your doorstep and say,"Help yourself if you think your strong enough":D

You do not need to respond to these letters. Reseal the envelope, write across it, "opened in error. Not at this address." then pop it back in the post box

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I had a telephone call a for a friend who lived at my parents in 1994 recently. I just laughed down the phone and said good effort.