style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I hope someone can help me with this as I have a real problem.

In December last year I was done for driving a car without a valid MOT. My fault, stupid mistake, held my hands up. I got two fines, one from the Mags court for £90 the other from the DVLA for £90. I paid the DVLA one by credit card and sent a cheque to the Mags for the other £90 and forgot all about it.

Then last week I got a knock on the door from a guy from Philips. Seemed quite a reasonable guy and told me that the courts still had this as an outstanding amount and that I owed £240. I said this must be a mistake but he said to just check my bank details and send it all off to them, then he left.

As I've moved banks since then it's going to take about 2 weeks to get the old statements through and in any case they will only show a chq number for the amount, not who it's to etc. (Im also beginning to think they may have not received the cheque as I posted it from Cyprus and the bank listed a lot of amounts over the phone when I called but I can't be sure till I see if that this was one of them)

Anyway, I'm happy to pay the £90 if it's still outstanding but they other fees are £50 registration and £100 for an alledged visit in November which Philips never made. So they're looking for me to pay them £240 in 7 days!

Can anyone tell me what I can do? Can I just pay the Mags £90 now if they haven't received it? The other £150 just seems outrageous and for no reason.

You can get in touch with the mags and do a stat dec to the effect that you did not recieve any corrsspondance as you had moved. This will kill the bailiff action off.

I hate bailiffs. Let me know if you have had a problem with them. I am sure i could upset them.

I now have experience with Securitas Security Services (UK) Limited and won in court against them 01/2018

whats a stat dec and how long do bailiffs chase mags fines before they return them back to court????