bigyeti

SLC Grant

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3621 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My wife as a mature student in 2001 received a student grant. We were a bit late sending them back financial info and so they said that it was an overpayment and wanted it back, about £4100. After sending them the form detailing the household income (with which they calculated her entitlement) I managed to get the correct figure of about £2600.

We didn't make regular payments and received several DCA letters, which I replied to suggesting an affordable payment plan which they accepted. Then we couldn't afford it (because bank charges swallowed up all our spare cash) so there were more DCA letters, another offer.

All in all, I think we paid less than £100 and the last DCA letter received was in the middle of 2006. I'm wondering if the DCA has gone bust, changed hands or they've just lost the file. Either way, I'm not complaining. :D

But, in this situation, does the six-year limitation take effect from 2006 or is it no longer applicable?

Guest Old_andrew2018

IMHO the 6 year period starts on the date of last payment or acknowledgement of a debt