wilkco

cca collect direct

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

i have a debt with egg being chased by COllect direct i sent off a CCA letter to them they have now responded saying that i have to contact egg is that correct ???:confused:

i thought as they where chasing the debt they had to prove it not for me to chase it

Cheers

Paul

Did your letter have this bit included?

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

They are talking through a hole in their trousers. They are acting as the creditor's agents and must by law provide you with a copy of the agreement on request. If they don't have one, they have to get one from the creditor - they just cannot be bothered. Wait until the 12+2 days are up and send them the Account in Dispute letter then ignore them. By the way, did you receive a Notice of Assignment saying the alleged debt had been passed to them? if you didn't, you have no proof they have any right to contact you about this alleged debt at all.

They are talking through a hole in their trousers. They are acting as the creditor's agents and must by law provide you with a copy of the agreement on request. If they don't have one, they have to get one from the creditor - they just cannot be bothered. Wait until the 12+2 days are up and send them the Account in Dispute letter then ignore them. By the way, did you receive a Notice of Assignment saying the alleged debt had been passed to them? if you didn't, you have no proof they have any right to contact you about this alleged debt at all.

Well said Pinky - i'm far too polite :D:D:D

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Cheers guys

when it gets to the 12+2 day limit and send the dispute letter should i mention about the letter they have already sent or mention about the legal requirement for them to get the cca not egg

Cheers guys

when it gets to the 12+2 day limit and send the dispute letter should i mention about the letter they have already sent or mention about the legal requirement for them to get the cca not egg

Theirs, worst they'll do is throw the file back to Egg

M

You don't have to mention anything - the Account in Dispute letter is all you have to send.