anyone know where to get cheap envelopes for tickets...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive printed off a few parking tickets/leaflets for a local school.

they dont have fines or anything on so dont jump on me....

its jsut that parking at this school is silly and someones going to get injured very soon, some children have already had near misses

they basicly state "school parking notice - do not ignore" on the front of them, on the second page it states why its been placed on the car - parked on double yellows, driving down the pavement, parked across drive/junction etc.

then on the third page it asks parents to take the time to walk to school to make a better enviroment for pupils and residents and points out some free car parks within walking distance from the school for people who live too far to walk from home...

ive volentiered to patrol the street by the school at leaving time to put these notices on the windscreen of cars that are causing problems

what id live to do is to find some cheap plastic envelopes to put these in as i would rather they didnt stick to peoples windscreen if it rains (plus if htey throw them ill collect them up wipe them down and re-use them)

any suggestions size wise its a sheet of a4 folded into 3 tri-fold style, like leaflets all over the world

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Get the school to talk to the local plod.

They have the same sort of problems around my kids school. I've noticed either an actual cop or PCSO making notes and observing at various times throughout the term. It does make a difference if terms of compliance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they have talked to the local council, so far no help, letters went home with all the kids a while ago and the problems stopped for about a week, incidently the same week the council came around...

one of the other thing the leaflet states is that pictures would be taken of the cars to provide examples to the council

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Its a sad fact that the council, police ect will step in IF a child does get run over. Surely prevention is better than cure? Great idea though! May be get a cheap tripod, hi-viz jacket and a dummy camera and stand near the entrance of the school... see how many park ileagally then!

doubt ill ever need 1000 its a small school at at a rought estimate its around 30 - 50 problem drivers...

one yesterday parked across someones drive and when the house owner complained she told them it was their own fault for living near a school..........

one stopped across a t junction for around 4 mins to let the kids get out you can imagine the chaos this caused..

one of them is on my hit list for having as many leaflets as possible plastered on her car till she gets the point she ussually parks on the double yellows only there was no space so she drove up onto the pavement and ALONG the pavement for about 10 meters till it got wide enough to park on..

my daughters due to start in september and ill be dammed if ill have people parking like that near her

Please note:

Just bear in mind that you have no authority to enforce parking regulations, etc. on a public highway. If the DYL are on school/private property, then they are meaningless and unenforceable anyway.

If your sticky envelopes are such that you place them on the windscreen within the driver's zone of vision, then you are potyentially committing criminal damage.

If somebody takes umbrage at your actions, then it is highly unlikely that the Police will be at all sympathetic to you.

Saw some of those clear plastic A4 pocket folders in my local pound shop - 50 for £1. See if you can get those & don't bother folding your docs. They're not sticky so wouldn't mess up windscreens - you could just put under wiper.

• Haha 1

How about a "wall of shame" with photos of selfish, inconsiderate and dangerous parking for all to see. Perhaps have a vote of the worst offenders.

Send advice to parents first that this is what you propose to do and perhaps the problem will go away.

Also don't forget to ensure that the school includes this matter in its travel plan.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.