diem23

Mackenzie Hall - Sneaky letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3595 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi caggers, got a very strange letter from Mackenzie Hall DCA. The letter states: "We are attempting to contact the named person above regarding a personal matter, we have been provided your address as being the possible residential details for our subject. Therefore if you are the person above please contact our office quoting reference number so further information can be provided."

I am not on the electoral roll as I am temporarily living with the parents and as to how they obtained this address im unsure about it. Advice please

Guest Old_andrew2018

Save it a Ring Binder for future reference, dont respond to it, as you as probably aware they are collectors.

Andy

Hi caggers, got a very strange letter from Mackenzie Hall DCA. The letter states: "We are attempting to contact the named person above regarding a personal matter, we have been provided your address as being the possible residential details for our subject. Therefore if you are the person above please contact our office quoting reference number so further information can be provided."

I am not on the electoral roll as I am temporarily living with the parents and as to how they obtained this address im unsure about it. Advice please

This is a bog-standard phishing letter from the Kilmarnock Cowboys. Do not even dignify it with a reply

If no one answers that old letter they'll send one addressed to you personall before long. Just keep hold of it - you will need for the complaint you will undoubtedly make about this excuse of a collector - and wait for the next missive, and the next, and the next.

Plenty of good advice about the Kilmarnock Krowd here but the cardinal rule is never, ever call them.

Put it in the bin if the debt is over 6 yeasr then it is time barred

Put it in the bin if the debt is over 6 yeasr then it is time barred

BAD ADVICE.

All letters should be kept and used in a formal complaint against these shysters

• Haha 1

I had a call from one of their clowns yesterday. They were after the people who had the number over 18 months ago...The guy didn't believe me so I pulled him up and told him to remove my number. I had to ask him 3 times for the the company name and then he only said M. Halls.. He got miffed when I told him he was being misleading and then said I was being obnoxious and that they hadn't previously called me!

He ranted for a good for minutes..telling me that my problem was with my telephone provider and that he had every right to call as often as he wanted and not his fault they had my number. I don't think he liked me laughing at him and telling him that he could talk as much as he liked as I wasn't paying for the call. He replied that neither was he...I reminded him that it must then be his companies bill he was running up and I had all day to chat s**t on the telephone line that I rent. The twit still carried on ranting. I left the phone on the side...

I don't think he gets out much :D

If you've made actual phone contact, I think the best course of action is the statute barred letter?

Personally I found the best way to deal with these clowns is just to ignore all their silly letters and daft texts. They eventually get bored and crawl back under their stone. Of course if they continue to harrass you for a Statute Barred Debt then a formal complaint to the OFT is the way to go as they have already been warned about their collection activities

There's no need to send these clowns anything. The OP says the MacHall threat monketys are chasing someone else. Its up to them to prove they have contacted the right person.

As for running up a phone bill that's unlikely. Companies like MHall probably pay their provider a set sum for as many calls as they like.

Subscribing...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)