ryansss

Phones 4 U - Handset issue can't get them to talk to me

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I stupidly took out a contract this time last year through the Phones 4 U shop.

Orange 18 month jobby, with a Nokia N85 handset.

The screen became faulty two months in so was returned to store and they sent it off. Two weeks later it's back in hand fixed. Well the screen issue was fixed, but the sofware bugs remained and they also managed to get dirt inside the screen of the phone. I couldnt be bothered losing my phone for more time so left it. By month 11 the phone glitches were getting serious so I decided to return it for repair before the warranty expired.

It was sent on the 13th of November and I made a list of all the faults that I wanted addressed. They offered me £100 for the phone if I took out a new contract £35 a month over 24 months!! Told them where to stick it. Anyway phone was sent off to the repair centre and I awaited a response. I tracked it's progressed online and decided to chase up Phones for you as the date of return kept being pushed back. I asked for a new handset as they didnt have the parts and it was looking like they would get to the 28 day mark (after 28 days they consider giving you a new phone). Anyway many phone calls later my phone appears despite them saying the parts out of stock.

This week I get my phone back. It's got all the bugs it had before and NEW damage. The inner lens of the camera is visably damaged and the camera is unable to focus properly. It also won't use the memory card and shuts down when I plug it into a PC, keeps displaying connection error messages during calls and all sorts of other bugs.

I've contacted phones for you and they said via email I'd need to send it off for a replacement. I said I would need confirmation of time scale and a promise the handset would be replaced with the same model or a newer nokia that is the equivalent spec as the one I had. They havent replied. I called the customer service number and they say the guy I need to talk to will phone me, but he never does. I've asked for his direct line and they say he does not have one? I know he is in the office as they told me they could see him.

I'm at a loss the phones wrecked. I do mobile phone repairs and I'm sure the main board is a fault and I'm pretty certain the repair centre has just taken the board from another damaged phone and chucked it in mine.

What can I do?

Orange don't care, already tried them. I've tried in store they direct me to customer service. Customer service direct me to the repair centre customers services who fob me off and promise to call back.

Edited by ryansss

Stop ringing people and write. Send them a letter, recorded delivery, outlining all you have said above. Make it crystal clear that the phone has been sent back fualty and you reject it.

Give them 14 days to reply with their proposal.

If they giev you a new phone, great. If they fix yours properly, great. If they say 'bye bye, out vof warranty'. Take them to court. Easy process and the judge always dislikes companies that behave like this.

But, above all, STOP phoning them. Phone calls are all hearsay and worthless in court. he said, and she said, then he said.....

Get it in writing. If they phone you, tell them to put it in writing.

• Haha 1

Stop ringing people and write. Send them a letter, recorded delivery, outlining all you have said above. Make it crystal clear that the phone has been sent back fualty and you reject it.

Give them 14 days to reply with their proposal.

If they giev you a new phone, great. If they fix yours properly, great. If they say 'bye bye, out vof warranty'. Take them to court. Easy process and the judge always dislikes companies that behave like this.

But, above all, STOP phoning them. Phone calls are all hearsay and worthless in court. he said, and she said, then he said.....

Get it in writing. If they phone you, tell them to put it in writing.

Unless you record your calls, then you can catch them off guard!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I echo what Jimmy says - however you cannot insist on a NEW phone (very important) you are only entitled to the same phone, working - and this usually means a factory refurb (which is just as good). Do establish a paper trail, with your first letter containingf a precis of what has happened to date - not long-winded, just the facts.