Ruthbridge LTD victim

peapod01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a letter from Ruthbridge two weeks ago, it was addressed to the Occupier and read, "please contact us as a matter of urgency quoting the ref number"

A week ago I recieved another letter addressed to me personally in forming me they had been appointed to collect a debt of around £4000 from me and that if they do not hear from me within 7 days they will send a doorstep collector to my house.

I'm not sure how old the debt is but I know its older than 5 years (Scotland), I havent to my reccolection made any payments to it. I did however seek advice from scottish money matters who wrote to several creditors none of whome replied to date, I was advised that every attempt had been made to the creditors but they were about to run out of time, that was several years ago.

Ruthbridge is completely new to me!

I really dont think I can face going through hell all over agian and I have heard this company is very bad to deal with.

I need to find out exactly how old the debt is and if they are legally entitled to chase me for the money should I send a Phishing letter or ignor them?

Ignore them - they fancy themselves as supersleuths with their ridiculous cards, which are against OFT guidelines. Any agreements they have are probably in invisible ink. They probably are trying to collect a Statute Barred debt for some bottom-feeder like Cabot, who buy unenforceable dross, which is why they are losing money hand over fist. If anyone does come to your door, which is highly unlikely, tell them they have 30 seconds to get off your property or you will call the police - they are trespassing.

Ignore them - they fancy themselves as supersleuths with their ridiculous cards,

dangermouse or penfold perhaps:D

as pinky says ignore these muppets, doubt most of them could find your house with both hands as it were.

they go away once they realise they have 'failed to intimidate'

I'm gratefull for the support this site has offered me so far, but need more pls.

Ruthbridge have contacted me again, I have ignored them thus far, this new letter is as follows.

Dear xxxxx

You will shortly be contacted by our Doorstep Recovery Agents, with a view to arranging a convenient time to visit you, in order to discuss repayment of the above debt.

This action is necessary, as we have not receivd any response to our previous correspondence.

You should note that the above amount of £xxxx is a principle sum, which may increase.

However, as a final opportunity to avoid one of our Doorstep Recovery Agents calling at your property, we are prepared to accept a lump sum payment of £half the amount.00, which must be received in our offices no later than xx.xx.09. This sum would be accepted as Full and Final Settlement of your liability and will also ensure that you are not persued for the remaining balance, at any point in the future by us or our client.

As an added incentive, once your remittance has been received and cleared, our client will update the credit reference agencies to mark your debt as satisfied'.

Please not that your cheque should be made payable etc etc.......

There is a letter you can send them which revokes any authority they think they have to send a 'doorstop collector'.

You must NEVER pay a doorstep coolector anything and tell them they are trespassing. They may claim they are acting as 'pre-court bailiffs' or 'pre-judgement assessors' which is designed to scare you.

I would take the letter to your local law centre and ask them to help draft a suitable bog off reply, the letter is a load of twaddle. They really are clutching at straws.

Ruthbridge are part of a group of agencies including HFO Services, Fredricksons International and Bryan Carter solicitors, all of whom are familar to this site.

Somebody else will be along with the exact letter later on.

If they're offering a substantial discount, it means that they have no chance of obtaining any paperwork that backs up what they're claiming.

Have yourself a 100% discount instead. If Ruthbridge have been passed this, it'll very likely be statute barred. They're near the bottom of the DCA food chain, and I think have kind of given up trying to be even a semi-reputable company.

hi peapod,

This is what is known as a 'frightner'. They are trying to put pressure on to contact them. Very rare that they come and collect the doorstep, but make sure it's clean and get a receipt for it! Seriously though you have two options either ignore them or send a prove it/ dont come to my house letter.

The choice is yours. And if anyone does turn up then tell them to sod off and write and if they dont go then ring the police!

Send this to Ruthless

DOORSTEP COLLECTION VISIT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

YOUR REF 123456

Dear Cretins

I refer to your recent correspondence.

I note it is your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and civil action will be taken.

• 4 weeks later...

:shock: Happy New Year All.

Well Ruthbridge have contacted me again,(nice start to the new year) I haven't seen this letter or one like it on the site yet!

I have ignored them so far and will for now continue to do so, but I find it a little confusing that up to now they have written to the occupier, then have written threptening me with door step collectors and are now playing all nice offering me help with a small thrept at the botton of the letter, and a range a ways to pay but demanding a substantial minimum payment, the letter is as follows.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear xxxxxxxxxx

You Account has been referred to out Debt Counselling Service, where our trained counsellors will be able to assist you in negotiating an affordable repayment scheme. This servcice is funded entirely by Ruthbridge Limited and is provided to you absolutely free of charge. To take advantage of this opportunity, we ask that you telephone our PRIORITY DEBT LINE.

Our team of experienced counsellors are waiting to offer you helpful advice.

To assist us in making as assessment of your financial situation, it would be helpful when calling, to have details of your income and expenditure available.

HELP IS ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY

Sould you chooose to ignor our final offer of assistance, we will have no alternative but to refere you accounct to our Debt Enforcement Division.

The letter then goes on to offer a range of payments with a substantial mimimum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smacks of desperation to me lol ;)

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Dear xxxxxxxxxx

You Account has been referred to out Debt Counselling Service, where our trained counsellors will be able to assist you in negotiating an affordable repayment scheme. This servcice is funded entirely by Ruthbridge Limited and is provided to you absolutely free of charge. To take advantage of this opportunity, we ask that you telephone our PRIORITY DEBT LINE.

Our team of experienced counsellors are waiting to offer you helpful advice.

To assist us in making as assessment of your financial situation, it would be helpful when calling, to have details of your income and expenditure available.

HELP IS ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY

Ahhh....bless them. Why can't anyone see that they are just trying to help?

Do they help sick children and rescue stray dogs too?

:lol::lol::lol:

Lying *£$^ers.

To err is human: to completely mess up is my peculiar gift.

If you are confident that this is statute barred then send them the SB letter from the Library on this site. If they continue to try to collect after receiving this, then complain to Trading Standards and the OFT.

Your alternative is to simply ignore them but you should really let them hang themselves.

Yes im quite confident its statute barred but i think i will make bsolutely sure and get an experian report that would tell me wouldnt it?, I have one from a few years back and there isnt anything on it about this debt, the debt would be older than the report.

I once dealt with money matters, they tried to contact various DCA's to sort it out but no one replied, money matters said if they dont get intouch within a few more months they wont be able to chase the debt at all and to lie low, that was almost 2 years ago.

I think i will get the experian report to confirm then write once i feel more confident, my health suffered so badly last time im not sure i can face all of this again.

Thanks for your support and help, i am making donations to the site as the support it offers and the peace of mind it is bringing me is priceless.

As far as I'm aware a credit report doesn't necessarily tell you whether a debt is stat barred or not. It only tells you what is reported.

I think the only way to be sure is to either:

a) send the stat barred letter and see

b) SAR - and see what info comes back; this should show all the info they have including your payments and any written acknowledgements.

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Send them the Stat barred letter anyway and have done with. The onus will be on them to prove its not stat barred...

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

I'm trying to check....... because although I can't see it in the oft guidelines.... I'm certain I read something somewhere that said DCA's were not allowed to offer debt councelling services??

I might have this completely muddled up in my head to be honest.... I've had a lot of studying and other things going on recently and this wouldn't be the first time I got confused.... but I'm sure I recall something along these lines.

I know they are not allowed to pass on details to DMC's etc, but I'm not sure about debt councelling.