pompeyfaith

Tax Credit Underpayment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Greetings All,

Back in June 09 my sons finished his academic year at collage so he decided to claim job seekers allowance as he was looking or work until he started collage again in September.

Because of this we had to stop claiming child tax credits and child benefit which we did until the 14th September.

We phoned up both the offices to inform them that our son was back in fulltime collage doing a Btech diploma.

We where told all is fine and they would put him back on the claim.

Now the child benefit is all ok and back as it should be, but today I got an amended award notice though the post which is not right as my sons benefit is not on there and we are some £200 a week short.

I was livid to say the least after going though all the trouble of contacting them so I phoned them today to explain there error and they said he is back on the claim but it will take upto 4 weeks to go though.

My question is, is this the case or can it be done sooner I would of though it can as the have all the details from previous.

£200 a week is a lot to lose specially so soon to xmas

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Guest wino

Look on the brightside just think of the back pay though in time for the sales:D (sorry)