Help needed!

Cardrak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have alot of credit card / loan debt. The most recent was 2005 and some span alittle earlier than this.

I was was the CCCS but since becoming unemployed they are no longer interested in helping me. My only income comes from a sponsorship deal to play poker and that brings in some money each month.

CCCS have no interest in helping me as they dont agree with the way I make my money so now im fighting the sharks by myself and im not sure what to do.

Creditors: RMA Resolve (Amex) 3k

Barclycard 5k

Collect Direct (Egg) 11k

capital one 8k

Moorecroft (Egg) 3k

AIC....local thugs! 11k

I have written a letter as advided saying Im in difficulties and will be making token payments until I can pay in full.

Does anyone have any advice in what I cn do or the best way to go about getting out of the mess that Im in?

I also have an application going through with the police so I really dont want to go bankrupt as the police thing will be screwed.

Would you suggest an IVA? suggestions would be welcome.

As my debt is old O dont know if I should look into the Credit Consumer agreement....I have sent off to the companies and asked for this CCS document but tbh I have no idea what im looking at to see if they have legally broken any lending law :(

TY so much in advance.

B

Transferring thread to the Debt Forum.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

You need to send a CCA request to each and every one of them as a starting point, or stagger this if you would feel more comfortable not taking them all on at once.

Start with Capital One, they don't do enforceable credit agreements and there are plenty of threads on here which you can have a read through.

Edited by zazen.warrior

hi welcome first you need to find out whether any of these debts have enforceable cca, there is a letter in the template section, the dca have 12 +2 days to come up with agreements otherwise accounts go into default and you need not offer payment nor may they ask.

each letter needs to be accompanied by an pound postal order, do not sign any letter print only.

i see at least 2 on your list where chances are no enforceable agreement will be forthcoming, the others i do not know about having not dealt with those banks.

TY for getting back to me witht he info.

I have recieved the CCA agreements from most of the companies......some are 20 pages+

Are you saying scan them onto the forum and someone will have alook?

sry if im asking stupid questions

The important part of the CCA agreement is the part headed "agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974" or words to that effect as far as I know. You can ignore application forms as all they prove is that you applied for a card/loan. Also in relation to credit cards, the lender may send you a 20 page document entitled standard terms and conditions (as HSBC did), not worth them sending it as it has no legal bearing on the individual as it doesn't relate directly to your account. Having dealt with HSBC previously on this issue they often send a load of old s*ite because they don't have the actual signed agreement in the hope that you will believe this is what a CCA agreement looks like and will pay up.

I too am fighting RMA, moorcroft, and AIC so have some idea of their tactics. As mentioned before don't talk to them on the phone. If they ring and ask for details for security purposes just ask them for who's security. If you don't give them that they can't continue and will soon get bored. Just give them as much s*it as they do you.

Edited by BiGaD09
spelling

yes thats it

scan them and list them on this thread. people will then advise you.

remove all personal detail first.

Believe me it works.

brilliant, ill do it in the morning. It would be amazing if i could cleat half the debt through there own mistakes :)

regarding your police thing

you have to be squeeeky clean to get in there anything like a ccj and forget it. for obvious reasons they cant have anyone with any history of unpaid debt.

looks like i might be screwed then.

I have no CCJ's tho and been paying the debt through companies like CCCS. but since business went pair shaped its been erugluar the last 6 months.

I got thru to day 2 and thats in Jan.....you never know! fingers crossed

looks like i might be screwed then.

I have no CCJ's tho and been paying the debt through companies like CCCS. but since business went pair shaped its been erugluar the last 6 months.

I got thru to day 2 and thats in Jan.....you never know! fingers crossed

You might be ok, the only exemption that is catagorically stated is that you can't be an undischarged bankrupt. All other cases are on an individual basis, although I doubt a CCJ would help.

I've been through the police application process as a special constable and got through it even though I have a couple of defaults and an old settled CCJ. I'm not sure whether full time police application is more strict but just go with it and best of luck

Right, hear we go guys and gilrs! Been the untechy person that I am I thought this might not happen but I have managed to get the CCA agreements onto a URL (dont wry, you wont be dowloading nothing dodgy!)

TY in advance for any help witht this.....I will be making a healthy donatation for the great people of this web site.

files.me.com/alisonsteward/ih0yq3

If you cut and paste this and put it inform of the http in a website browser and it will give you an option to view the documents.

I have on hear what I deemed to be the important parts of the cca agreements as egg for expample had 50 pages of rubbish printed clearly from a website!

If you think there important tho i will put them up.

TY

Just had a scan over your agreements. I must state though that I'm no expert and there are people on here far better qualified at noticing omissons of prescribed terms etc. The Barclaycard one definately looks suspicious though as they've just sent you their standard terms and conditions. This doesn't consitute as your agreement (it's not even signed!) The other 3 look legit to me but as I say don't simply rely on my advice as I'm sure there could be something in these that I've missed.